Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my pads on the car, nice . I think there is a bit of air in my lines since my brakes dont come on til about 2-3in. of pedal movement. VERY nice pads though

Comment

Geeze Stacey, way to make me spend more $$ when I order the R4S pads!

Here's the pic link to view lines for those who don't feel like searching.
      Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
      1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

took them out for autox today, damn these are good except I can always smell them after runs...good or bad thing?

Also damn that ABS is starting to get annoying.

Comment

a little smell is a good thing.. Means your really pushing your braking to the limits. Melted brake pads is a bad thing. Brake pads on fire, is also a bad thing. I've never done either of the last two with Porterfields pads.
          Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

is this option still available?

Is this discount still available for us? i am in need of a brake job and i need some nice pads and plan on ordering the porterfield lines also... as of now i am starting to dig into my rotor!
            who am i you ask? i am the interior decorator of the eternal chambers of hell thats who!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fueled by Venom
              Is this discount still available for us? i am in need of a brake job and i need some nice pads and plan on ordering the porterfield lines also... as of now i am starting to dig into my rotor!
              yes, this discount is available until further notice.
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Ordering pads and lines today. Thanks for getting us this deal
                95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

stupid california hours

I'll be calling them again latter it seems.

Comment

hmm....the guy i talked to didnt know about the lines. He is going to call me back.

Comment

Yeah not sure who you talked too? If it was Andy the owner he might not know about the deal. The girls who work for him take the orders and confirm deals with TIM who is the guy incharge of marketing and promotional stuff.

Talk to the girls or Tim and tell him Racy-Stacey from ProbeTalk.com told you about the deal.

The girls and he both know me very well.
                      Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Ah, sorry. I should have updated this. I more or less made him go talk to people and find the lines. He know about the discount (which is very nice). It really wasnt that much of a hassel and they where good people to deal with overal.

Comment

Chris I will be curious ot know how you like those pads, your the first person I know to order them!
                          MazdaSPEED6

Comment

I'll let you know. The probe goes under the knife this weekend. (if i dont get lazy again

Comment

Joe and i will be in huber heights (1 hour away prolly) this weekend if you wanna come up, catch me on aim after 2:30 today if you want.... min meet!
                              MazdaSPEED6

Comment

My R4 pads came in this week.

Can't wait to try them out.
                                Greg
                                White 94 PGT -- Sold to a friend.

Steel Gray 06 WRX --

Comment

Working...
                                X