Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the brake setup is a diagonal-cross setup where left front and right rear are one side and vice versa so no there is now stealing off brake pressure..i fitted my setup with goodridge ss lines and it really helps...my rear dont lock up before the fronts...i just hit abs a few times from stopping so fast...doing 85 to 30 stops is great now NO brake fade..i wouldnt do the MS6 brakes the cost of rotors and pads plus the calipers is too much espcially when u have to replace the pads/rotor due to wear in the year to come..oh n the added weight
    2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

• Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
      the brake setup is a diagonal-cross setup where left front and right rear are one side and vice versa so no there is now stealing off brake pressure..i fitted my setup with goodridge ss lines and it really helps...my rear dont lock up before the fronts...i just hit abs a few times from stopping so fast...doing 85 to 30 stops is great now NO brake fade..i wouldnt do the MS6 brakes the cost of rotors and pads plus the calipers is too much espcially when u have to replace the pads/rotor due to wear in the year to come..oh n the added weight
      Aha, right. completely forgott the 2 circuit setup...

The weight wouldnt be that much of a difference from mazda 6 to mazdaspeed 6, or?

Reason for asking these question like this is because i live in sweden, and one caliper alone costs 260$, so its quite expensive, therefore i dont want to order wrongs, and throw the money out the window...

Comment

• Originally posted by nimrooz View Post
        Aha, right. completely forgott the 2 circuit setup...

The weight wouldnt be that much of a difference from mazda 6 to mazdaspeed 6, or?

Reason for asking these question like this is because i live in sweden, and one caliper alone costs 260$, so its quite expensive, therefore i dont want to order wrongs, and throw the money out the window...
        i would say you would feel a significant difference in wieght between the mazda6 & MS6... the difference in wieght from the stock setup to the mazda 6 was huge & iirc the MS6 is about a full inch larger than the 06-07 mazda6 BBK...

but i also recall the MS6 being dual piston calipers which would help a bit with eliminating warping of the pad/rotor under extreme use

basically if your running the MS6 BBK i would recommend getting some track use out of it otherwise your wasting your $, unless of course you have $ to blow just to take up some spoke gap from your 18's...

also keep in mind that the main difference you should feel in braking with one of the mazda BBK's is the longer intervals it will last between brake fade under extended use...

direct stopping power probably wont be noticable (atleast not for me thus far)... but the longer lasting braking performance will be greatly improved @ the track...
        Last edited by driftwood; April 20, 2009, 06:25 AM.
        05 Lotus Elise
        95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• ^matt maybe you to need a ride in my pgt...my direct stopping power increased by at least 40-50% may have to do with the coilovers/the brake lines/the rotors/pads but it locks the seat belt hard every time
          2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

^matt maybe you to need a ride in my pgt...my direct stopping power increased by at least 40-50% may have to do with the coilovers/the brake lines/the rotors/pads but it locks the seat belt hard every time
            i really havnt been able to put the brake pedal to the floor yet cause im still trying to seat my pads into my rotors but ive done a little hard braking so far & i havnt noticed anything significant...

im also running no ABS, goodridge lines, motul rbf600 fluid, brembo blanks & EBC green pads... so i know its not the quality of my setup

its stops great, but i guess ill have to paly around with it to get the full experience
            05 Lotus Elise
            95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• i am also confused about the rears, do you know of any bolt on's there?
              Mazda there also?

Comment

• yes the mazda 6 brakes work in there rear...but the e-brake on a mazda 6 is inverted so our stock cable wont work

Comment

yes the mazda 6 brakes work in there rear...but the e-brake on a mazda 6 is inverted so our stock cable wont work
                  Ok, any other than this then?
                  Or an solution to the cable, if any of you have done this?

How about the stock from the front, do they fit the rear, and would it be an upgrade?
                  Last edited by nimrooz; April 21, 2009, 12:27 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

• doin this

Comment

• Originally posted by MattVoyage View Post
                      doin this
                      Doing what?

Comment

How about the stock from the front, do they fit the rear, and would it be an upgrade?
                        PRD has a kit for the rear that uses an 11" Rotor and a relocation bracket for your stock calipers, and also allows you to use your ebrake.

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

Originally posted by t_masters View Post
                          PRD has a kit for the rear that uses an 11" Rotor and a relocation bracket for your stock calipers, and also allows you to use your ebrake.
                          Just use 98+ 626 rears. Same sized rotors as the kit and same calipers as stock but without any dodgy aftermarket adaptors.

Actualy cheaper too, if anyones interested I can get a set of rear caliper brackets tomorow lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ls-6 View Post
                            Just use 98+ 626 rears. Same sized rotors as the kit and same calipers as stock but without any dodgy aftermarket adaptors.

Actualy cheaper too, if anyones interested I can get a set of rear caliper brackets tomorow lol.
                            Ok, so the rear calipers, rotor and pads from 98+ 626 will fit the rear bolt on?

So it is 11" rotors on theese, but im rather unsure what more you need, here in sweden, the thingy you call adaptors, we call them brackets, so thats where i go unsecure...

Comment

• The kit's being reffered to use fabricated brackets to move the caliper out and make room for a larger rotor but with the 98+ 626 V6 rear setup the original bracket is designed different than ours and dose the same job as an aftermarket adaptor bracket and is usualy a much stronger solution.

The absolute minimum you will need are the original style brackets from a 98 or later 626 V6 and the rotors from the same car.

Your stock calipers and pads will work just fine.

But you cant buy the OE bracket by it's self usualy so unless you can get some used your best bet is to buy "loaded calipers" that come with pads and the bracket all assembled. Unless your calipers are brand new you could proabably use new ones anyway cause they like to sieze.

Also this info is specific to the north American market so you'll have to confirm all this your self.

Comment

yes the mazda 6 brakes work in there rear...but the e-brake on a mazda 6 is inverted so our stock cable wont work
                                yes im quoting myself...i just worked on a 05 mazda 6...and was studying the rear brake setup and notice the rear brakes wont work...seeing how the calipers are mounted on the front side(side toward front of car) where as the PGT the rear calipers are mounted on the further most side..so if you were to flip the caliper the bleeder screw would be upside down!!! try to convert a M^ e-brake cable would help since the caliper is still further away on a pgt then a M6...unless someone has pics of a (05) setup on the rear they wont work

Comment

Working...
                                X