This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PurpleMetal1 View Post
    I haven't seen these brakes in person, but most OEM brakes have the pads ride the caliper mounting bracket. (the one that mounts to the knuckle)

I haven't seen loaded calipers to this day that come with those brackets. The closest I've seen are conversion kits for WJ Jeeps, but it's a TSB kit that requires changing the bracket to accept the new calipers.
    you have never seen calipers sold with the mounting bracket, clamping bracket... blah blah blah bracket...? what do you want to call it? whats the official name for it?

your looking in the wrong places

Originally posted by nimrooz View Post
    I just dont understand your hostility, however, it wasnt me that brought up the 626 rear brakes here, all i was doing, was asking nicely about the rears, to make it fit the oem as most as possible.
    However, between all your sarcasm i can extract some useful information, and for that i thank you.
    But as you see, my problem is seeing this the same way as PurpleMetal1, sees it.
    Maybe him and i are plain ****ing dumb, but if so, please forgive me for asking for help.
    As it is in sweden and norway where i come from, there are maybe 15-20 2gen pgt's across the country.
    So we dont have the same oppurtunitys even with direct replacement parts, alot is really hard to get, and the most of the times we have to order online from US or something, even for small little parts thats seems to be around every corner for you guys.
    And as far as mazdaspeed 6 goes, same amount of cars, so the possibillity for one owner to own both and discover these things here, are extremely small compared to you guys.
    The price for an probe here is in US dollars: 9000$ at least for a really really shabby one.
    So please understand that this is a whole different world for us, as far as cars goes...
    no i get it...
    Last edited by driftwood; April 30, 2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    05 Lotus Elise
    95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• heres how parts stores sell calipers. 3 distinct categories

1. bare caliper - just the caliper, nothing else.
      2. loaded caliper - caliper and pads
      3. caliper + bracket - bare caliper and the bracket. this is what you need for this BBK.

it will say on their computer if it comes with the bracket or not. if it doesnt, you cant use it
      -Roman
      93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
      95 white PGT....blown up, sold
      94 325i...boring dd
      02 R6....toy

Comment

• around here the parts stores carry loaded calipers that come with pads & bracket...
        05 Lotus Elise
        95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• I would agree that its probably better to get a loaded caliper and then upgrade the pads. I did unloaded protege caliper with bracket and ended up having to go to the mazda dealer to order the springs that spread the pads apart. Waited 2 weeks for 2 sets of springs. What a pita

On a sidelight....im using ebc pads in the protege calipers and they ARE NOT bigger than those in the probe caliper. I think it really depends what brand of pad you get.
          Probe is now gone!

Comment

• When i look at rockauto, they seem to divide it in three, caliper, loaded caliper without mounting hardware, and then loaded with mounting hardware.
            So it seems the one i need is the last option.
            But ls-6 said that 300-400$ seemed really pricey for him, and that he could get the mounting hardware(bracket) for far less, and the original caliper could be used with it, along with original pads, or aftermarket pads for probe, and the 626 v6 99+ rear rotors.

But if this doesnt fit together as described, then i have to buy the last option from RockAuto.
            But it seems i cant get just the mounting hardware(bracket) anywhere.

But by bracket, we mean the bracket that holds the caliper and are boltet with two bolts to the hub right?

Comment

• Originally posted by nimrooz View Post
              But by bracket, we mean the bracket that holds the caliper and are boltet with two bolts to the hub right?
              yes, when a parts store refers to that bracket its the one you mentioned...

& are those prices $3-400 per caliper? for the MS6?

if so then that price seems about right...

my 06-07 mazda6 calipers were about $125 loaded w/ bracket, but the MS calipers are dual piston & bigger... ive been told that their is a huge price difference
              05 Lotus Elise
              95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by nimrooz View Post
                When i look at rockauto, they seem to divide it in three, caliper, loaded caliper without mounting hardware, and then loaded with mounting hardware.
                So it seems the one i need is the last option.
                But ls-6 said that 300-400$ seemed really pricey for him, and that he could get the mounting hardware(bracket) for far less, and the original caliper could be used with it, along with original pads, or aftermarket pads for probe, and the 626 v6 99+ rear rotors.

But if this doesnt fit together as described, then i have to buy the last option from RockAuto.
                But it seems i cant get just the mounting hardware(bracket) anywhere.

This is where i was looking as well. and was thinking loaded caliper with mounting hardware and some hps pads to swap out for the ones they come with would do it?
                97 GT http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...g?t=1272097685

03 SVT Focus

Comment

• you know hps pads for the 06-07 mazda 6 fronts are 100$? and are special order
                  2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

• Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                    yes, when a parts store refers to that bracket its the one you mentioned...

& are those prices $3-400 per caliper? for the MS6?

if so then that price seems about right...

my 06-07 mazda6 calipers were about $125 loaded w/ bracket, but the MS calipers are dual piston & bigger... ive been told that their is a huge price difference
                    You can get the MS6 calipers with bracket from Rock Auto for $93.79 (driver's side) and $97.79 (passenger's side). Or the loaded ones for $124.79. I know because I just ordered some for my 1st gen. Not to mention you can find plenty of 5% off coupons online.
                    Ross Evilsizor
                    92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                    Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Probe View Post
                      You can get the MS6 calipers with bracket from Rock Auto for $93.79 (driver's side) and $97.79 (passenger's side). Or the loaded ones for $124.79. I know because I just ordered some for my 1st gen. Not to mention you can find plenty of 5% off coupons online.
                      not a bad price at all...

how much were the pads & rotors though?
                      05 Lotus Elise
                      95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• That's a different story.

I'll make a thread when I'm all said and done.
                        Ross Evilsizor
                        92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                        Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by slinkyPgT View Post
                          you know hps pads for the 06-07 mazda 6 fronts are 100$? and are special order
                          I have it covered and am slowly piecing the kit together as I have the $$$
                          Last edited by bocajwest05; May 9, 2009, 01:54 AM.
                          97 GT http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...g?t=1272097685

03 SVT Focus

Comment

• How much of a diff. does the big brake kit make?

Comment

• I just put 2000 626 brakes on the probe and they feel pretty good. Didn't drive very far with them but they do fell better. Think I'll order some MPS5 caliper's for the rear and get rid of the stock one's. This was pretty cheap for me over all about $150.00 total.

I'm getting the MPV caliper's and S2000 rotor's for the front so when I get those in and on these (626's) will be in the FS area.
                              REVOLUTION IS A BEAST THAT LIVES WITHIN OUR SOULS, A BEAST THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HUMAN LOVE, BORN FROM THE MOLDS OF TRUTH, REASON, AND JUSTICE. DEHUMANIZED INSTITUTIONS HOLD THE POWER TO DECEIVE THE BEAST, PLACEING IT IN A WORLD WHERE IT'S SENSES DO NOT FUNCTION. IT IS DELIBERATELY BLINDED AND DEAFENED BY A VEIL OF IGNORANCE. UNTIL IT FALLS INTO A DEEP SLUMBER. THIS IS AN ERA RULED BY CORRUPTION, DECEPTION, AND INJUSTINCE. IF THE BEAST IS NOT AWAKEND, THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY IS INEVITABLE.

Comment

• There is SOOO much info here I have brain overload!
                                Can someone simpily my life and tell me what I need to get.

I have a 93 probe, with drums in the rear. I want to upgrade with the larger rotors on all 4 corners....
                                I know I need some spindles for the rear, but then which rotors and calipers do I need to buy, I'd like the largest bang for the buck.....and NO I dont care about th E brake lol
                                Last edited by Flagship; May 9, 2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X