This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ls-6 View Post
    The kit's being reffered to use fabricated brackets to move the caliper out and make room for a larger rotor but with the 98+ 626 V6 rear setup the original bracket is designed different than ours and dose the same job as an aftermarket adaptor bracket and is usualy a much stronger solution.

The absolute minimum you will need are the original style brackets from a 98 or later 626 V6 and the rotors from the same car.

Your stock calipers and pads will work just fine.

But you cant buy the OE bracket by it's self usualy so unless you can get some used your best bet is to buy "loaded calipers" that come with pads and the bracket all assembled. Unless your calipers are brand new you could proabably use new ones anyway cause they like to sieze.

Also this info is specific to the north American market so you'll have to confirm all this your self.
    Is it the KLDE 2,5 liters engine in these to?

But if im looking at (example: ) RockAuto site, the v6 99 rear calipers with mounting brackets would be what i need then to upgrade my rears on my 95 pgt?

Sorry if i am really stupid now...
    Last edited by nimrooz; April 22, 2009, 02:09 PM. Reason: yesyesyes

Comment

• Not a problem dude, i understand theres a language and cultural barrier we need to work through here

Yes if you order the rear calipers with bracket for a 99 626 with the V6 motor (a KL-G4 actualy, slightly evolved over the DE) you should be set.

Link me to the actual item you're looking at and I can tell you if it's the right part's for sure. When I did my 626 swap the store had the wrong part numbers for some years and gave me the smaller front rotors used on the I4 models and our generation cars. So I had to order the same part from a different year 626 (2001 instead of 2000) to get the right sized rotors lol.

Comment

Not a problem dude, i understand theres a language and cultural barrier we need to work through here

Yes if you order the rear calipers with bracket for a 99 626 with the V6 motor (a KL-G4 actualy, slightly evolved over the DE) you should be set.

Link me to the actual item you're looking at and I can tell you if it's the right part's for sure. When I did my 626 swap the store had the wrong part numbers for some years and gave me the smaller front rotors used on the I4 models and our generation cars. So I had to order the same part from a different year 626 (2001 instead of 2000) to get the right sized rotors lol.
        Lol, thanks for understanding

NASTRA Part # 8306061, at rockauto.

Java window, so non direct link...

Comment

• Yeah that looks like it'll work just fine but $300-$400 is steep in my book. If you can get them localy they should be a lot cheaper.

I can get them for less than $200 for both here, or you can buy just the brackets from a member and have them shipped. It should still run quite a bit less in the end expecialy if you have good calipers and pads right now.

Comment

Yeah that looks like it'll work just fine but $300-$400 is steep in my book. If you can get them localy they should be a lot cheaper.

I can get them for less than $200 for both here, or you can buy just the brackets from a member and have them shipped. It should still run quite a bit less in the end expecialy if you have good calipers and pads right now.
            My calipers are fine ( i think).
            But rotors and pads are screwed, time to change, therefore i choose to upgrade the rears first.

The car sits in the garage right now, sun is coming, and snow is going, so its the time to get it back out after the winter (i store it at the winters, never been driven on winters, they salts and sands, or should i say big rocks on the roads here, not good for the car or the paint at all)

Tryed to take it out yester day, but rear brakes was stuck, should have changed theese before the winter, but didnt get to it, have a buggy and a couple of other amcars to, to take care of, and then there is my premium, a cosworth thats needs attention, and my daily driver that also needs spares in between...
            It isnt always the money reach, to all my plans...

This makes me think how much money i throw away on my cars

However, back on topic, who haves it, and have much?

Also, then i need the rotor from the 99 626 v6, and the original pads to make this work, yes?

Comment

• I swapped the entire front brake setup from a 2007 Mazda 6 onto my 96 GT and bought dimpled and slotted lifetime warranty rotors to go with it. These are the 11.8" rotors and clear both the stock 16s and my FD wheels.

For the rear I used parts from the same car except for the calipers. For them I went with 2000 Mazda 626 parts so that my e-brake would hook right up. Same type of rotors and pads as the front.

A great mod, especially since I needed calipers, rotors, and pads anyway. Take my advice and top it off with Goodridge stainless steel braided brake hoses. The pedal feel is much nicer and the car stops better than my 800 lb lighter, 50/50 weight balance Miata.

The brakes are almost overkill for the stock engine setup that I had. The ABS kicks in on perfect roads (with my winter tires, not sure about with the FDs with sticky tires. Since my engine went bye bye I will be installing a KLZE in the next 2 months with headers, pulleys, ext and running it all with a Megasquirt so I can finally give the suspension and brakes an engine thats worthy. Afterward I will be doing a little free-runs on a road course. I will give my impressions afterward.

In case any of you were wondering, I have Eibach springs and KYB GR2 struts, a nice supplement to the brakes.

Comment

• ^im right up there with you
                my abs will go off on smoth roads
                and my motor is way under power for how well i handle and stop...
                theres a road near my house thats near miller park..that i frequent..and if i rip through there and plan a stopping point and hit it, i end up moving to slow to effectivly make the turn and be in the power band on my way out...shit weak...
                but i do think i have a little air trapped in my goodridges since the pedal has a small soft spot off the start then its solid...maybe its the front brakes pads springs that hold the pads away when im off the pedal but idk?
                2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

Just use 98+ 626 rears. Same sized rotors as the kit and same calipers as stock but without any dodgy aftermarket adaptors.

Actualy cheaper too, if anyones interested I can get a set of rear caliper brackets tomorow lol.
                  Do you have an price on these brackets?

Comment

• Bump?

Comment

• Originally posted by nimrooz View Post
                      Do you have an price on these brackets?
                      hes talking about the clamping/retaining brackets...

eitherway... your not going to have to worry about any type of adapter brackets with any mazda6/626/protege breaks... they are all direct fit as long & you get the pads & rotors with the (LOADED) calipers as well...

but make sure you get the LOADED calipers with the clamping brackets... (you know, those brackets that hold the brake pads in... yes those)

when you buy LOADED calipers they come with these brackets... if you dont buy them LOADED then you will have to part out those brackets seperatly...

most all parts stores have an option to buy them LOADED (with bracket) or just the caliper itself (the only time you would buy the caliper itself is if you were changing a damaged one out)... but in this case you want the whole unit with clamping/retaining bracket b/c you gettign completely different brakes than stock

here is a picture of a loaded caliper...
                      http://www.techshopmag.com/Content/S...0000020026.jpg
                      here is a picture of a non-loaded caliper...
                      http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...-406-Rear-.jpg

now after ive said all this what are you going to go buy?
                      Last edited by driftwood; April 30, 2009, 06:05 AM.
                      05 Lotus Elise
                      95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• Hi, thanks, but i actually understood this from before, but however, he was saying that he could get me the hardware to make the stock calipers work with an 99+ 626 v6 rear rotors.

As this looked much cheaper then to import the whole loaded calipers to sweden...

Now, did you understand me?

Comment

• Originally posted by driftwood View Post

now after ive said all this what are you going to go buy?
                          ummmmmmmmmmmmmm......yea sorry can go over that again.

nah j/k that helps big time
                          Jacob--"Pain must exist in order for healing to survive.
                          Neither one will ever serve their purpose alone"
                          ..Black sheep, August Burns Red.
                          94' Pgt- kitted and lowered. ebiach coilovers, CIA, headers, Hi-flo cat, ACT stage 2 6 puck sprung clutch....much more and who knows whats next

Comment

• Originally posted by nimrooz View Post
                            Now, did you understand me?
                            clearly, considering you bumped the same day as my reply looking for an answer...

eitherway... you shouldnt need extrention brackets for your calipers with the options we now have for our 2nd gen probe/mx6/mx3/ect platform... not the front, & not the rear...

the mazda6/MS6 BBK has opened up a huge opportunity for us with our brakes for the front... the rear dont do enough with braking to warrant a BBK... although the stock rear calipers are garbage, protoge rear calipers are great replacements...

but after reading your replies your clearly just doing BBK's for show & nothing else so if the mazda6 (direct replacement BBK option with no modification needed) doesnt offer what your looking for then please start a seperate discussion thread for other BBK options instead of cluttering this one up with irrelivent BBK info not pertaining to the mazda 6 platform...

thanks & good luck!
                            Last edited by driftwood; April 30, 2009, 09:17 AM.
                            05 Lotus Elise
                            95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                              but make sure you get the LOADED calipers with the clamping brackets... (you know, those brackets that hold the brake pads in... yes
                              I haven't seen these brakes in person, but most OEM brakes have the pads ride the caliper mounting bracket. (the one that mounts to the knuckle)

I haven't seen loaded calipers to this day that come with those brackets. The closest I've seen are conversion kits for WJ Jeeps, but it's a TSB kit that requires changing the bracket to accept the new calipers.
                              1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
                              Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
                              Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

• I just dont understand your hostility, however, it wasnt me that brought up the 626 rear brakes here, all i was doing, was asking nicely about the rears, to make it fit the oem as most as possible.
                                However, between all your sarcasm i can extract some useful information, and for that i thank you.
                                But as you see, my problem is seeing this the same way as PurpleMetal1, sees it.
                                Maybe him and i are plain ****ing dumb, but if so, please forgive me for asking for help.
                                As it is in sweden and norway where i come from, there are maybe 15-20 2gen pgt's across the country.
                                So we dont have the same oppurtunitys even with direct replacement parts, alot is really hard to get, and the most of the times we have to order online from US or something, even for small little parts thats seems to be around every corner for you guys.
                                And as far as mazdaspeed 6 goes, same amount of cars, so the possibillity for one owner to own both and discover these things here, are extremely small compared to you guys.
                                The price for an probe here is in US dollars: 9000$ at least for a really really shabby one.
                                So please understand that this is a whole different world for us, as far as cars goes...

Comment

Working...
                                X