This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MonoxideChild View Post
    im pretty sure a set of 98+ 626 E brake lines would work and fit up with the mazda6 rear set up. since the 98+ 626's are a few inch's longer then our chassis. its something that hit me like a month ago on the 626 forum while discussing the mazda6 rear set up.
    Anyone confirm this? My old Brembos are rusty and noisy... and I have all the 6 stuff laying around waiting to be put on...
    Current: 95 PGT, 11 Mazda2, 98 Forester
    Gone: 93 PGT, 92 MX3, 04 Beetle Turbo
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2956358

Comment

• ^
      a basic search online answered that. our cars have a 64 inch cable. the 98+ 626's have a 69 11/25's cable. so its about 5 inch's longer. and both ends where they connect is the same. if anything, you just might have to be creative about mounting it. but we dont even know that until someone tries it.
      PaTricK
      ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• or just run the 626 rear calipers...

Comment

• Originally posted by matt89glturbo View Post
          or just run the 626 rear calipers...
          '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
          '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

• ^
            but what if you want even larger rear brakes? such ass the speed6 brakes? the 98+ 626's use the same rotors as the 03-05 mazda6. but the 06+ and speed versions are larger. just like there front set ups.

the 98+ 626 rears are what im running. cause i wanted my shit to bolt up without any work. if i had realized the 98+ 626 E brake cables might work earlier, i might have gone speed6 brakes instead.
            PaTricK

Comment

• good point...I hadn't been thinking far enough ahead for when I do the speed 6 brakes, maybe something to play with in the somewhat near future...

Comment

• does anyone know exactly how much shorter for the ebrake cable?
                Last edited by Potblack; August 23, 2012, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• I will be trying the 98+ Ebrake tips when going for the speed6 brakes on the 626. Thanks for the tip
                  Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                  Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

• good to hear! will be nice to get a sure answer if that will fix the issue or not.
                    PaTricK

Comment

• so any news on the 626 ebrake line? i'm dying to hear about this...

Comment

• if i remember correctly i bought speed6 rear calipers and such and they wouldnt bolt up because they were couple cm's off

Comment

• speed6 calipers have the same mounting locations as the regular 6's. I actually have a speed6 rear set up waiting to go on my n/a 6, to match the existing speed6 front set up i already have on that car.
                          PaTricK

Comment

• Originally posted by PGT97_Racer View Post
                            Mazda6 bolt-on “Big Brake Kit”

Disc diameter:
                            03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
                            Can anyone tell me if this fits a 15" wheel?
                            I have been running MPV, (273mm vs these at 281) Need new pads and rotors so this would be a good time to do this.
                            The wheels I use are 626 GE Series 2

Alternatively id someone could give me the furthest point from the centre to the oustside of the caliper... It looks like it would fit but looks and deceive!
                            Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

Comment

• depends on the wheel really, but the 03-05's clear MOST 15's.
                              PaTricK

Comment

• Bit of suck it and see then!
                                I use to have a car (4WD Laser, same as a BMFR 323) with 286mm over 15's but it was pretty tight, one lump in the wrong place and I can see it wouldn't fit
                                Contrary to popular opinion, I do have mechanical sympathy, I always feel sorry for the cars I drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X