Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's what I'm hoping for katherself, but I don't know if you can actually get them yet.

so many threads, so little for sale information! AGH!

Comment

• Originally posted by 95PGTTech
      that's what I'm hoping for katherself, but I don't know if you can actually get them yet.

so many threads, so little for sale information! AGH!
      Well the projected date was end of November/early December. Guess we'll have to wait it out.
      Katrena
      Sold 97 Rio Red PGT Stock
      RIP 94 Electric Red PGT Borla • TW Motorsports
      95 Seafoam Green PGT
      I facebook.

Comment

• Hi Everybody,

Well, what can I say. I am very pleased that many people are interested in this new product for the Probe community. Thanks for your patience, for I have being engaged with my work trying to make a deadline in the next two weeks.

deyan and Robot#666 for the testimonials, although I would have prefered them to have been posted in the actual Thread (Impressions-Comments) that was set up for such things.

By the way, I thought mac1 would have commented being one of the few to have had spent some time driving the car in the city as well as extensive time on the highway (the Buttonwillow drive). Not to mention the suspension was on a stiffer setting (10-all around) than what is being described by the aforementioned members.

Now, I shall soon be posting a lengthy post with specific road conditions with different settings. But, let me add this: After buying this suspension you will not just WANT racing seats, but you'll NEED them if you plan on effectively using the 'single digit' settings.

As far as this business about the choice of Front spring rate. Initially, TEIN's design by specifications of the car called for a spring rate of 8kgf/mm(449lbs/in). However, upon actual Real-Road Testing of the product on the vehicle, Tein's Research and Development Manager, Ippei Sugano (feel free to look up on the internet to see what the tuner community thinks of his abilities), decided to revalve the dampening and increased the spring rate to 9kgf.mm(504lbs/in) because of the relative extra weight over the front of the vehicle. He told me this personally, while we discussed his design philosophy for this car. We discussed the limits of the SuperStreet systems as well as the possible design of additional products for our car. Please, sales of these initial products will determine the availablilty of more advanced kits.

Finally, I just conducted my somewhat regular check-in with TEIN. Good News is that yes they have decided to make their STech series 'Lowering Springs" for our car. I also re-confirmed that this would not affect the previously mention information regarding the BASIC or SuperStreet models.

They are also still being produced for us, do not worry.

However, I can not tell you a specific release dates for any of these products. None has been set at this time. Decisions about what and when things will be available is solely up to the managment of TEIN in Japan. According to TEIN USA, the addition of the STech springs was due to research of the available market (that's us). They think they will also make money with this application.

Please, stay positive about this process. It does take time. Remember, this information was only just release by the manufacturer a couple of months ago. Start saving those pennies, now.

If anyone wants a ride (or drive themselves) the test mule (my car), then please just ask. I know I am out here on the West Coast and that limits who might do just that. Well, some of the more well known members of the Forum from the SoCal region have and will drive this car under a variety of conditions. From what I understand, even some of the BayCal people will be down here in the near future and I hope they will have time to try my car out and report back to everyone. Please, don't be shy. Just don't crash my car!!!

Michael
        My car is no longer STOCK, and people are STILL laughing at me!

'94 Mazda PGT Black ('95 Zero-Mile KLDE Engine from Japan with some of my '93 Steel Blue Frost in there too. )

Comment

• Sorry Mike I'll post in there right a way! After the drive in your car now my car feel like shit I really can't wait till these come out

Have a happy turkey day

Comment

• I hope there out for christmas.
            That would be a great present for myself lol
            Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Comment

• these wont be out until next march or something... yall just watch! ill still be the first one buying them though....
              my email address is NOT working!

Comment

• I

Just

Can't

WAIT!!!
                1994 Aspen Silver Metallic Probe GT

Probes NorthWest Rocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ProbeGTC
                  I

Just

Can't

WAIT!!!
                  lol

Comment

• "The Brain"....is it possible that you could get a dyno graph of these struts? A standard force/time will do.

Ive noted that its somewhat difficult to souce dyno graphs for Tein products. Since this item is being tuned for the 2nd gen PGT, I am assuming that they are being revalved and checked on a roehrig dyno(or something) so charts of damping curves should be available. It would be good for comparisons sake if you dont mind.

Gavin

Comment

• any word yet Pizzi?

Comment

• With all the reading on these threads I just have to ask...
                        Given the small differences between the probe chassis and the Mazda 626(94) Hatch

will I be able to also get these to fit my car maybe with a different spring rate to
                        allow for weight variations.. ????

with all these reviews sounding so good I figure hmmm time to overspend again...
                        Last edited by ausloki; December 18, 2005, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ausloki
                          With all the reading on these threads I just have to ask...
                          Given the small differences between the probe chassis and the Mazda 626(94) Hatch

will I be able to also get these to fit my car maybe with a different spring rate to
                          allow for weight variations.. ????

with all these reviews sounding so good I figure hmmm time to overspend again...
                          yeah, they will fit no problem.
                          96 MX6 LS PTE preped
                          96 Probe GT (Sold)
                          93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by show_mx6

these wont be out until next march or something... yall just watch! ill still be the first one buying them though....

actually the real release date is schedule for february/march
                            i got this info months ago

the november/december release date that was posted in this thread by damon, stacey and the brain

was suppose to be some special release to probetalk and probetalk only.

if you are really looking for a set of these well you got some time to save your money as for as having a set before the first of the year (for those who are still waiting for the NOV/DEC release)

jus my .02 cents

wonder who gonna flame me for the truth in this post hmmmm
                            Last edited by P1P; December 18, 2005, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• heh, pt had that information long before you did.

no flaming necessary.
                              Last edited by mac1; December 28, 2005, 11:16 PM.
                              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• This is so stupid. I got bitched at because I checked into it with my local shop in October. I was told to "stop playing detective" and "we know far more than your local 'import' racing 'store' might know"

Whatever....
                                1994 Aspen Silver Metallic Probe GT

Probes NorthWest Rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X