No announcement yet.

Flyrtle 5.0 - West Palm Beach , FL September 19-20, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyrtle was awesome! Great to meet you guys. I was hoping for some runs but oh well. Caravan leaving 6am tomorrow morning.
    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

• Just got home and it feels like the engine is going to die soon. I found out on the turnpike i kinda lost a bit of power, smth like a sticking caliper type of feeling but when i was in Tampa sitting on a light, i heard the ticking was coming from my car. I made it home tho, thats what counts and will look at it tomorrow. Hopefully its a TBTA causing it as it appears to tick from there otherwise, HELLO #7
      Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
      1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
      1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
      1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

• check the compression Rigs! It kidna was ticking the whole time, so maybe its just in your head and the manual boost controller playing games...

Nice to hang out with everyone and awesome to see new faces! Quite the busy two days for FFV, great turn out, lots of fun. I'm spent.....
        I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
        92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

• Well I'm back.

I did the exploding 5th-gear transmission mod on the way back. Now I haz 4 gears, and 1st and 2nd grind, 3rd does sometimes. But I do have one really good gear left so that's okay.

I sprayed the dry 50 shot on the way there and grenaded my transmission @ 120-ish in 5th......so no more fun buttons in 5th gear, which is retarded because while spraying on a bolt-on DE with a 50 shot it probably doesn't make much more power than a bolt-on N/A ZE and I've seen guys bury their speedometers with N/A ZE's.

I missed the party , I went out to downtown and got faced, started with a couple long islands....ended with about roughly equivalent to half a bottle of various types of Hennessey. The room finally quit spinning around at about 10am. Felt it ALL day today up to about 3 or 4pm. Apparently, according to Cornbread, South Florida is still weaksauce.

I brought the Ciocc and Squid ran off with it. That was interesting to watch.

I shot a LOT of video which will be posted soon. Still going through it all. Andy made +300 wheel on 5 cylinders. Impressive. I have never seen a single Probe meet ever in the history of meets, even Myrtle 9 and 10, that had so many parts casualties.....I think if you subtracted all the good parts from the cars that broke shit and put them all together you could have a complete running PGT.
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
          93' PGT not stock
          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

• i just got home, i left there at 530~ and had to be to work at vero at 7. i went straight there and got there right on time. oh well today was lots of fun, i met lots of people(i was the kid in the red shirt and black shorts with the white protege) and look forward to next year.

Comment

• Thanks to everyone who came out, the turn out was great, and we ended up with 12 Turbo KLs parked in a row before it was over.

Everything went smoothly from the dyno day to the party to the big meet today and it turned out to be the biggest Flyrtle yet.

For all the people with pictures, I set up an FTP for you to upload them to. There's folders for Pics and Videos. Or, just make a folder with your screenname and upload everything there. I'll sift thru all the pictures and pic a good selection to use for the website. I never have time to take pictures myself, so I rely on everyone else to get meet pics.

ftp.flyrtle2009.com
              username: flyrtle5
              password: flyrtlepics

Once you upload stuff, send me a PM and I'll confirm I got them. There's no limit on the file sizes so upload all the pics/videos you have form the meet.

Once again, thanks to everyone who came out, especially those that traveled a great distance. I was really impressed with a lot of the out of state cars, especially blaster3500 and z284life, those are a couple really clean cars. Not to mention Mardarati's record breaking timing belt change at the dyno under a tent in the rain.
              Last edited by hppwdn; September 20, 2009, 08:02 PM.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
              HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
              Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
              As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

• and andy.....where's my spatula?

(it got packed with the others, please bring it back next time you're up or the wife will kill me....thanks)
                '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
                  and andy.....where's my spatula?

(it got packed with the others, please bring it back next time you're up or the wife will kill me....thanks)
                  I found it when I got home. I'll get it back to you asap.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.

Comment

• awesome time, i was completely beat by the end of Sunday, but well worth the time. met alot of awesome people and got to see the mechanical skills of some trying to get everything together. most notable was jordan's MS troubleshooting and MS repairs skills and Mardarati's tent covered parkinglot timing belt madness

aside from andy, if anyone needs copies of my pics you can download the hi-res versions here: http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/15...yrtle?h=33bd34

dont mind a few seemly duplicate images or blurry pics, i just dumped my memory card to the site, ill pick them out later
                    Last edited by Md323; September 21, 2009, 04:48 AM.
                    http://www.imazda.com/MD323/sig.jpg
                    KLZE powered 323

Comment

• I had a great time, car runs great, thanks Jordan.
                      JDM'd MX-6 owner. MX6.com Moderator.
                      Originally posted by Probesport
                      That MX6 makes the others look like 80's econoboxes. Nice work

Comment

• Glad to here it....you are really running out of excuses for turboage.
                        I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
                        92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

• good pics shawn, cant wait to see more from the meet.
                          also, andy I would pm you with info for the video but i cant pm till 16 posts apparently.
                          Last edited by Ace_Protege; September 21, 2009, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace_Protege View Post
                            good pics shawn, cant wait to see more from the meet.
                            also, andy I would pm you with info for the video but i cant pm till 16 posts apparently.
                            Just go ahead and post it up. I'll grab it from the thread. Make sure to include your year, make, model, color, and a general description

Comment

• I just give you my pics i took when you get home. Or you have to show mw how to load them to your site.
                              The come back kid
                              96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
                              97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
                              88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
                              93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

• Originally posted by WestPalmGT View Post
                                I just give you my pics i took when you get home. Or you have to show mw how to load them to your site.
                                Since your bamboo lodge is about 10ft from my room I'll just grab the panda pics when I get home.

Comment

Working...
                                X