Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Alex Anything! (If you are new to the forum and can't find an answer ask here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just downloaded megatune 2.25 and when I open it. it gives me this error message. "Controller code version does not match signature in MegaSquirt-II.ini.
    (See audit.log for where the above file was found.)
    Expected "MSII Rev 2.8600 " (found in ini file)
    Received "0x51" (from controller)
    Table corruption may occur, this is usually a very serious problem.
    Terminate MegaTune now?
    Yes/No"

So I hit no and it opens megatune. I haven't installed MS on my probe yet, so I am wondering if this is going to be a problem when i have it installed and try to start tuning. Has anyone seen this before?
    95 pgtze RIP
    93 pgtze the powerplant of my 95 lives on.
    94 pgtze-t Work in progress.
    95 pgtze DD
    63 Pontiac Catalina 389cid stock except for MSD

Comment

• klze probe- your software isnt the same on the MS and whats on your computer. In other words If you have MS extra 2.1.1 Beta on your MS you need to run that version w/ megatune 2.25 or else it wont work.
      Do you know how to reflash?
      Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
      02 SuperHawk http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/...0%20Superhawk/
      97 PGT-ZE-T- Parted and sold
      97 PGT- Sold,
      07 Mazda6 Grand Touring- Sold

Comment

• No, I don't know how to reflash/or what that is. When I started megatune I didn't have it connected to MS though. Is that the reason?

How do I check the version of the MS unit and software?
        95 pgtze RIP
        93 pgtze the powerplant of my 95 lives on.
        94 pgtze-t Work in progress.
        95 pgtze DD
        63 Pontiac Catalina 389cid stock except for MSD

Comment

• If not getting colt cams, would you recommend using DE cams in a ZE-T? I heard the DE cams have better exhaust angle for turbos.
          Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
          97 PGT- Sold,

Comment

• NOt to jump in "sorry"but does anyone know what other cars have the 94gt graphic equalizer?? Damn things hella hard to find
            http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...GIFs/plane.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by ZE runner View Post
              If not getting colt cams, would you recommend using DE cams in a ZE-T? I heard the DE cams have better exhaust angle for turbos.
              Other way around, ZE exhaust cams are closer to Turbo cams.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Originally posted by klze662 View Post
              NOt to jump in "sorry"but does anyone know what other cars have the 94gt graphic equalizer?? Damn things hella hard to find
              Try Mustangs of same era.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Originally posted by klzeprobe View Post
              No, I don't know how to reflash/or what that is. When I started megatune I didn't have it connected to MS though. Is that the reason?

So you have megasquirt II chip? Not having the unit connected will give a different error code.
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by klzeprobe View Post
                No, I don't know how to reflash/or what that is. When I started megatune I didn't have it connected to MS though. Is that the reason?

Dang man, its been several months since ive messed with one. THis should be pretty clsoe to right. someone correct me if im wrong. I actually dont know how to check what version you have, the best thing to do is reflash the most updated 1. Anyone have a link?
                Do you have a MS1 or2 http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/index.htm note the pic @ the top of this page. THat blue looking chip is the jumper. Mine was black and i had no idea it was on lol.
                1st download 'MS Download 2.00' follow the instructions listed. select the version you want to run. Burn it to MS, REMOVE the jumper(blue thingy) then copy and paste the INI. and settings file under megatune. ex. if you reflash MS vers 3.1.1b then in the vers3.1.1b there is a ini and settings files. copy them and overwrite the ones in the 1s that are in the main megatune folder.
                NOte: you wont be able to reflash unless you have a megastim w/ a 9v or have a laptop and can do the reflash w/ the MS in your car powered by the car batt. Clear as mud? good, welp have fun
                edit: here yah go right from MS http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/index.htm on the left side click the "installation" tab and it says what i said perhaps w/ more detail, and posibly w/ more clarity.
                Last edited by ZE runner; March 4, 2011, 11:40 AM.
                Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
                97 PGT- Sold,

Comment

• im new an i want to know what is the fastest full weight probe out there.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

sorry and what mods do it have thank you

Comment

• I think Vic went 124mph,maybe a little higher. I went 123.7mph as my high, and that was full weight. My mods are in sig.

Feel free to improve on those numbers.....

John
                    '93 PGT-T/S M62 supercharger,.57 trim T3/T4 turbo,
                    11.992@115 Twincharged on 10psi
                    11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
                    RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

• I have already searched and found indirect answers. Just want to hear it for sure. Will a 96-97 PGT "y" pipe bolt onto a 93-95 PGT?
                      1995 PGT (Rio Red) - HEI mod, K&N air filter, 1 wire O2 sensor mod, & EGR blockoff SOLD
                      2015 Ford Mustang
                      2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Limited
                      1984 Ford Ranger 5.0

Comment

• No, OBDII cars have pre-cats that lower the flange points to the Y pipe
                        11.941@111.66 Twincharged,23" Slicks, 1.749 60',14psi, spinning the clutch(123.7mph highest trap)
                        RWD Probe-4.8L LS-TH400-3.25's-self tuned-in process.... Best time to date: 10.240@135.3mph, 3300lbs

Comment

• Yes and no and that's why you have found inderect answers. Depends on the stock manifold type. Some obd1 cars came with gutted precat manifolds same as the obd2, weird but that's what I have come across. It could be that people have been swapping them around , so just answer your own question by looking at your manifolds.
                          Last edited by mac1; March 6, 2011, 08:01 PM.
                          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Thats weird, I guess I haven't looked at too many cars to see that.

Comment

• Whats that sensor that goes down by the crankpulley? Mines a 93 so its not the CPS bc thats in my disty... or is there 2?
                              Last edited by ZE runner; March 8, 2011, 09:28 PM.
                              Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
                              97 PGT- Sold,

Comment

• ok i really need your help. i posted this question on the tech and performance and NO ONE cares to help. so here it is in hopes that you will save my pgt from being sold.

I tried to smog my car, but it failed. it threw out code p1195. i dont know what else to do. i made sure that all my vac lines were plugged in the correct order like 20 times. please help. IM DESPERATE.

p.s. ive searched and found nothing.
                                Last edited by usiel123; March 8, 2011, 09:03 PM.
                                96 pgt 15000mls on rebuilt, kl31cams, ebay sts, 9lb flywheel,16mm 626 sway bar, stage 2 clutch, chrome 5 stars, Ground Control coilovers on Illuminas, OEM mudflaps, window sealer mtr mnts. 17" XXR 962's. http://imgur.com/a/zHp21

Comment

Working...
                                X