Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Alex Anything! (If you are new to the forum and can't find an answer ask here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klzeprobe View Post
    How do I tighten the TB without taking out the engine? My TB has a ton of slack and is flapping all over the place. idk how the TBT works. Are they like the accessory belt tensioner or something different? Can I even tighten it up without taking out the engine. (I really really really hope so) Thanks in advance.

Your TB cannot be "tightend" there is a hydrolic tensioner that adjusts the tension on the TB to keep the slack at a minimun. If your TB is "flapping" all over the place its time for a new tensioner.

PS. Also might as well replace the TB and water pump while your there!
    Last edited by Jose18; March 14, 2011, 01:19 PM.
    8 is the magic number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose18 View Post
      Your TB cannot be "tightend" there is a hydrolic tensioner that adjusts the tension on the TB to keep the slack at a minimun. If your TB is "flapping" all over the place its time for a new tensioner.

PS. Also might as well replace the TB and water pump while your there!
      Agreed that a stock TB tensioner cant be tightened... except this aftermarket 1 i just bought http://www.king6fab.com/tensioner.html king6 is a vender on mx6.com itll work on any KL engine. Might as well get a new belt to.

edit: and no you dont have to pull the engine to change the water pump and TB, but its a major PITA! if youre going to do it you cant remove the pulley tensioners &mounts for the ac/ps pulleys all in 1 piece. 1st you need to actaully take off the pulleys, then you can take off the mount. took me about 25min of fightin to figure that out. but its a tight fit. The stock TB tensioner is a PITA to put back on took me 30min. if you have help might get it quicker. you need to push a lil on the tensioner block w/ a long screw driver or something so the holes on the tensioner actaully line up.
      Last edited by ZE runner; March 14, 2011, 09:06 PM.
      Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
      02 SuperHawk http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/...0%20Superhawk/
      97 PGT-ZE-T- Parted and sold
      97 PGT- Sold,
      07 Mazda6 Grand Touring- Sold

Comment

• Do the 93-94 pgt have different electric window motors than the 95- pgt? My windows don't work on 94 pgt. So took the door panels off from my wrecked 95 pgt and the motors look like they are a lot bigger on my 95 pgt. Also how do you replace those? Do you take the whole window and rails and everything out of the door? That's what I was trying to do and I couldn't get it out. Do I just need to try harder? lol Or is there some little trick?
        95 pgtze RIP
        93 pgtze the powerplant of my 95 lives on.
        94 pgtze-t Work in progress.
        95 pgtze DD
        63 Pontiac Catalina 389cid stock except for MSD

Comment

• Originally posted by klzeprobe View Post
          Do I just need to try harder? ?
          Yes. remove, install, adjust. Dont forget to curse.
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
            So did you happen to look at the hole on the head that it connects to. That hole is the direct path to the EGR. And the vacuum nipple for the boost sensor is the one mounted right on the intake where the EGR passages is, so that can also be clogged. Just spray something in there.

also spray something inside the boost sensor, also check your timing and leave it a tad bit retarded as California allows +/- 3 degrees for base timing. If all this doesn't help that I can only assume you still have the vacuum lines hooked up wrong cause they can be a nightmare on '96-'97 Probes.
            yes i took a peak in there when i took off the egr. i also cleaned that out. i cleaned all the sensors, replaced vacuum lines, cleaned out every singe passage. AND STILL NO LUCK!!!!!
            96 pgt 15000mls on rebuilt, kl31cams, ebay sts, 9lb flywheel,16mm 626 sway bar, stage 2 clutch, chrome 5 stars, Ground Control coilovers on Illuminas, OEM mudflaps, window sealer mtr mnts. 17" XXR 962's. http://imgur.com/a/zHp21

Comment

• is a tdo5 16g a good size to run on a kl or too small?

Comment

• Nah. Do you have welding skills cause you will fabing up your own pipes with that one. Just get a T3 style with a 5bolt downpipe flange.
                Last edited by mac1; March 16, 2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• yea ive got all right welding skills but probably would just tack it together and get my mate to weld it for me as his looks better
                  so what size turbos you guys recommend other then the t3? and even considering going twin turbo with two garret turbos like R33 GTR Turbo's which i think would be a good size or two garret t25s
                  any ideas or suggestions would be great

haha the plan is one crazy bf...
                  Last edited by michael0008; March 16, 2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by usiel123 View Post
                    yes i took a peak in there when i took off the egr. i also cleaned that out. i cleaned all the sensors, replaced vacuum lines, cleaned out every singe passage. AND STILL NO LUCK!!!!!
                    Did you check to see if the selenoids are actaully working right? getting 2 from a jy aint to pricy. i thing $5 for 2. Hopefully its the selenoids and not a bad EGR
                    Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
                    97 PGT- Sold,

Comment

• Originally posted by michael0008 View Post
                      yea ive got all right welding skills but probably would just tack it together and get my mate to weld it for me as his looks better
                      so what size turbos you guys recommend other then the t3? and even considering going twin turbo with two garret turbos like R33 GTR Turbo's which i think would be a good size or two garret t25s
                      any ideas or suggestions would be great

haha the plan is one crazy bf...
                      Check the forced induction setion.

Comment

• Hey there AlexKLZE, question, i'm a little comfused about the mx6 transmission and all, I have a 93 ford probe gt and will be getting it boosted pretty soon like in about 2 weeks or so, BUT...I think my transmission is taking a dump because when i punch it in first gear its hard for me to get into second!!! Trust me i've changed and checked and bled and still the same results! So my buddy said it has to be your transmission that is going out, I installed a heavy duty clutch master 3rd stage clutch and flywheel not to long ago it wasn't doing that before so yeah...can you point me where i can buy a mx6 5 speed transmission!
                        Last edited by C.C.93probocon; March 17, 2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Were is best spot to get a klze engine

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Also will a klze curved kneck fit in a 93 gt?

Comment

• Originally posted by C.C.93probocon View Post
                            Hey there AlexKLZE, question, i'm a little comfused about the mx6 transmission and all, I have a 93 ford probe gt and will be getting it boosted pretty soon like in about 2 weeks or so, BUT...I think my transmission is taking a dump because when i punch it in first gear its hard for me to get into second!!! Trust me i've changed and checked and bled and still the same results! So my buddy said it has to be your transmission that is going out, I installed a heavy duty clutch master 3rd stage clutch and flywheel not to long ago it wasn't doing that before so yeah...can you point me where i can buy a mx6 5 speed transmission!
                            IMO I could be wrong, but if your still able to use that gear I dont think its a tranny issue. i would swap the clutchmaster cyl( just to the right below the brake master cyl) and the slave, before i got a tranny.

but for when/ if u need 1 http://www.partshotlines.com/?phl=se...ch_id=26223058
                            just do a new search and redo it for your area code. That web site is a national junk yard Assoc. That list is every know probe/626/mx6 tranny in the US. I got 1 an hr away from my house for $300 w/ 120k + look at craigslist(better deals) and sometimes here under "For Sale"
                            Last edited by ZE runner; March 18, 2011, 09:27 PM.
                            Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
                            97 PGT- Sold,

Comment

• Originally posted by jdreynolds1 View Post
                              Were is best spot to get a klze engine

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Also will a klze curved kneck fit in a 93 gt?
                              http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...highlight=KLZE a fellow member is a good start... if its still available
                              heres another link that gives recomendations to diffent JDM imports http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...ht=buying+KLZE

i got mine from tigerjapanese and it was a true ZE in mint cond. but from what i read on that last link i may have gotten lucky.

curve necks should, never heard of a curved neck being a true ZE though, usually have teh ZE head w/ kl101 cams(de cams)
                              Last edited by ZE runner; March 18, 2011, 09:36 PM.
                              Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
                              97 PGT- Sold,

Comment

• what temp does the fans kick in on a kl or kf?

Comment

Working...
                                X