Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official SCPOC November Meet: deyan's I4 to ze in 2 1/2 day project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions.....

Would anyone like me to BBQ for this? and
    Would anyone be good for pitching in a getting something nice?

Because if people want something nice, I can marinade some steaks.

Comment

you offering to be the resident chef for the swap?
      Got boost?
      2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
      Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

That is EXACTLY what I am proposing... and maybe resident bartender. hehe

Comment

Well a resident chef couldnt hurt, drinks stay to a minimum her per family requests so bartending would be a pretty empty task haha.

As for good stuff i am thinking we will make a few costco runs here
          Got boost?
          Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

I was thinking about marinading a few tri-tips for a few days.

This is why I'm asking if people want something nice (tri-tip would cost some money), or if people are just as happy with burgers and hotdogs.
            Last edited by General Stalin; October 17, 2004, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I would be willing to throw in a lil green ur way (or help cover you for other weekend expenses) to make of for something good
              Got boost?

Comment

I'll bring couple cases of sodas. And I'll pitch in for the food.

Mike,
                What should I bring for the engine? I mean, since it hasnt been started for a while, and I'd imagine the oil is quite old. Should I bring Oil flush, and Oil to do an oil change? Coolent?
                Last edited by deyan; October 17, 2004, 07:51 PM.
                96 MX6 LS PTE preped
                96 Probe GT (Sold)
                93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

deyan,

bring enough for 2-3 changes. it may be nice to try one of those kerosene flushes, just to get all the crap out of the engine. check out the 2.5L maintenance forum for tips on that kind of flush. works pretty good from what i've heard and read.

you'll want some plugs and we can check the wires. bring coolant, brake fluid. those kind of things.

have you considered swapping the disk brakes over to your car as well?

BTW, my timing belt gave up the ghost saturday. mike is helping me out during the week and in-between showers to try to get it going by the weekend.
                  ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I use Gunk flush. works great and it relatively inexpensive.
                    Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
                    K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
                    Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
                    Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
                    Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

well sorry to have to tell this to you guys but my Cal trans work has caught up to me. turns out i got till the end of the month to finish or else. and i will need this weekend to finish it. just found out today so now i'm stuck doing this shit. i'm really sorry guys afterall i pursuaded Deyan to do this swap and that i'd be there to help with the swap. dont know which path you'll take now but if enough knowledgable people are able and willing to help then you should be fine. common guys get dirty for once and help another prober get back on the road safely.
                      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

eep... well I would rather wait an extra 2 weeks since you have had these engines apart and out and back in and you are the resident mechanic... another 2 weeks is survivable
                        This way we can handle just about anything that comes about, because this turning into a 3 week project would get me in a lot of shit with my family. hahah
                        Last edited by desertfox1313; October 18, 2004, 03:52 PM.
                        Got boost?

Comment

so is this thing still on? I mean with the rain and everthing, is it snow yet up there? Cuz I know how cold it gets.

Mike the problem with enough knowledgeable people is that too many people start giving intructions on how to do things. Add Rami, and you have a nice little cluster **** of opinions... add Pizzi in and you may as well theorize the rest of the weekend...
                          Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
                          K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
                          Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
                          Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
                          Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

meet

its raining right now though would you guys still wanna work in the rain?
                            1989 GT, heavily modded....

Comment

Originally posted by starr_719
                              so is this thing still on? I mean with the rain and everthing, is it snow yet up there? Cuz I know how cold it gets.

Mike the problem with enough knowledgeable people is that too many people start giving intructions on how to do things. Add Rami, and you have a nice little cluster **** of opinions... add Pizzi in and you may as well theorize the rest of the weekend...
                              adding rami and pizzi into the mix would make me stay home.

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I am saying its off... we can just postpone till chaves has time as he is the resident mechanic and I will really just be extra hands in the swap
                                Got boost?

Comment

Working...
                                X