No announcement yet.

Rami's condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, well so far the only delay that is happening is waiting on the report from the evaluating doctor, so that my atourny see what he says so that we can look for another doctor.

but as far as delaying, they have been delaying my disability benefits untill they get the report from the evaluator as well. so we are all playing the waiting game.
    RED 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 you can say it's the MX6 replacement.
    Blue 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon passed on to Mom
    RED 89 MAZDA MX6 GT turbo SOLD but still missed.

Comment

damn rami i didnt know it was that bad, last thing i heard was from orange bob that you were gonna have surgery but shit, sorry to hear things went bad like that, well my dad is in the same predicament but with his shoulder so hes had two surgeries and man hes worse then what he was to begin with.... so make sure you do all your research and dont let the lawyer **** you over....

and one more thing get a good i mean a good mal practice lawyer..... cause that what it sounds like to me....
      Last edited by rnajeras89gt; February 16, 2009, 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Rami, was evaluator did you see? AME or PQME? What is there name? What's your primary's name?

cityracer: make sure you are not declared permanent and stationary by just any doctor
        06 Evo IX, SSL - 417 HP / 418 TQ Stock Turbo
        92 Galant VR-4 -#802/1000 GT3076, Robispec KW V3 / 94 Miata M-Edition - Stock
        89 MX6 GT 4WS SOLD 89 PGT R.I.P
        93 PGT /93 PGT-SOLD/89 PGT-R.I.P. /96 PGT R.I.P.

Comment

why do you need this info?? send me a PM, or give me a call 562-805-8352(cell)

Comment

Just curious as I do Applicant Workers' Comp, remember
            Was wondering if they were sending you to good doctors or just rushing you in an out so they can make a quick buck
            06 Evo IX, SSL - 417 HP / 418 TQ Stock Turbo
            92 Galant VR-4 -#802/1000 GT3076, Robispec KW V3 / 94 Miata M-Edition - Stock
            89 MX6 GT 4WS SOLD 89 PGT R.I.P
            93 PGT /93 PGT-SOLD/89 PGT-R.I.P. /96 PGT R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGMARTY03 View Post
              Was wondering if they were sending you to good doctors or just rushing you in an out so they can make a quick buck
              give him a call y0.
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by KINGMARTY03 View Post
                ah i didnt know, its been a while that i have spoken with you, whats your cell, i have one for you, just not sure if its still the same one or it has changed.

Comment

I saw a Dr. Leonal Hunt last month in LA. He is a spinal doctor, and I was sent to him for an indipendent review of my condition and treatment. He confirmed the other doctors statements that I need a multilevel fusion. Not sure if this will finally make the ins co provide medical coverage for me. But he was a good doctor who definitely did not care about the ins as much as he was interested in actually helping me...

edit: I don't believe he declared me p/s. He was rather upset at receiving that request from the ins co. Stating he would not give that rating for some one who has yet to receive any sort of treatment...
                  Last edited by cityracer; April 7, 2009, 08:24 AM.
                  the car that Chris created 93 base 2.0, bought 9/27/1997 ~ 4-wheels are a happy part of every one of my days
                  what's happening now ; what was happening ; old c-west ; photo timeline 97-early 08
                  the car=once bought.Custom=easy.RaceCar=respected/Earned~as a developed machine from repeated failures & wins & more time spent broken then driving! They are never done once and right as the myth suggests.

Comment

well as far as updates go on my condition, i gotten a new MRI done and the last surgery they did shows that the nerve isnt pinched anymore. but i told the doctor then why did i only get relief on the leg they did the surgery on only, and not the other.

he said the nerve takes a while for it to heal and relax again, but he will be doing a CT scan with dye and a discogram to make sure if the pain im getting is from the nerve itself or the disk itself hitting the nerve.

but if i dont get better a year after the 1st surgery he will be doing a disk fusion.

Comment

if the fusion doesn't work. they have a spinal electrical stim machine that is implanted on your spine. It's made by the pace maker company. However batteries would need to be changed after several years requiring continued surgeries...
                      the car that Chris created 93 base 2.0, bought 9/27/1997 ~ 4-wheels are a happy part of every one of my days
                      what's happening now ; what was happening ; old c-west ; photo timeline 97-early 08
                      the car=once bought.Custom=easy.RaceCar=respected/Earned~as a developed machine from repeated failures & wins & more time spent broken then driving! They are never done once and right as the myth suggests.

Comment

there was a mention of that as well, but they could possibly do it even before spinal fusion, i just hate the idea of having a friggin device planted in my back for the rest of my life and having to replace battery's for it. but i think that it wont be as sever as getting a surgery done, plus u wont be able to tell if your disk is getting worse because that stim would cover up the pain.

Comment

well i got the results of my CAT scan: it showed that i have a 5mm central disk hurniation in L5-S1 and a 2mm bulging disk in L4-L5, but that disk isn't pinching or causing any problems.

and it also showed that i still have a pinched nerve on the left leg where the 1st doctor decided to perform a 1/2 surgery. the new doctor said this CAT scan proves that i am candidate for a 2nd surgery. and that the surgery will help improve my back condition.

next the doctor is requesting a discogram to be performed in order to determine which surgery is necessary for my back. and there is a possibility or a disk fusion.

other than that im still recovering from my last CT scan/myelogram, the headaches are killing me. and the way im looking at it, i might be gettting a 2nd back surgery sometime in late may or june.
                          Last edited by mazda_mx6_turbo; April 26, 2009, 01:15 AM.

Comment

At least there is some results backing up your argument enough for the second doctor to want to go ahead with the surgery. Good luck. I know you've been getting the run around.
                            2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                            2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

hey Rami. Hows it going on your end? making any progress? watch out for those discograms. They by design are going to try to replicate your worst pain while on the operating table. This is done with out anesthesia, as they need to gauge your reactions to what they are doing. For me it was like reinjuring my back all over again, and I was bed ridden for two weeks afterwards not even able to rest my hands on my stomach as the weight hurt so much...

As for me I am getting no where. Although I did finally managed to get the ins co to turn my prescription card back on after they had canceled it for the past 13 months.... The only thing I can look forward to is a potential third MRI. To me it's beating a dead horse with a stick as they are all indicating that I need surgery. Can't see how that would magically change all of a sudden. Seems like another delay tactic from the ins co towards me as I went through this same MRI just last year, and then was denied all treatments after... 3 years now fighting for medical treatment and still counting...
                              Last edited by cityracer; June 18, 2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

well, so far im still waiting on doing the discogram, the request was denied the 1st time, but the doctor requested it again and told them why he needs it, and according to my case manager that the discogram has been approved now, but its been over a week and im still waiting for scheduling this test, i called and left a message 2 days ago and no one replied, i will be calling again on monday and asking again.

and so far 3 doctors have said i need surgery, and in the mean while im getting acupuncture sessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X