No announcement yet.

Rami's condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure the ins co won't use the acupuncture against you. Something along the lines of it making your situation worse, and the ins not being willing to cover it.. These ins co's are horrible, and they are always looking for ways to get out of their responsibility. Be careful, and my prayers are with you.
    the car that Chris created 93 base 2.0, bought 9/27/1997 ~ 4-wheels are a happy part of every one of my days
    what's happening now ; what was happening ; old c-west ; photo timeline 97-early 08
    the car=once bought.Custom=easy.RaceCar=respected/Earned~as a developed machine from repeated failures & wins & more time spent broken then driving! They are never done once and right as the myth suggests.

Comment

i never though of it that way, my doctor recommended it for pain management, but i still havnt heard about my discogram appointment. looks like im gonna have to pay a visit to the doctors office and have them get this thing going. i called and left a message and no answer, i will call again on monday and see whats up. if i dont hear back ill be going there on tuesday.
      RED 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 you can say it's the MX6 replacement.
      Blue 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon passed on to Mom
      RED 89 MAZDA MX6 GT turbo SOLD but still missed.

Comment

ok well i just got a call to go get my discogram done, ill be going in at 1pm, according to the nurse that it ill be fine, just bring my pain medications after the procedure, and i should be able to walk and act normal after. but we'll see, wish me luck guys. i hope i wont be in pain for 2 weeks after.

Comment

what happened after this foolio?

Originally posted by mazda_mx6_turbo View Post
          ok well i just got a call to go get my discogram done, ill be going in at 1pm, according to the nurse that it ill be fine, just bring my pain medications after the procedure, and i should be able to walk and act normal after. but we'll see, wish me luck guys. i hope i wont be in pain for 2 weeks after.
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

o yea that was a couple months ago now ^^

well i had the discogram done, and it showed that the pain i have is coming from the disk, the CT-scan also showed a large tear in my disk that is central which is effect both my left and right legs, and the lower back of course.

what the doctor thinks is best, to get a disk fusion done, he said the disk is just a bad shock absorber now and the tear in it is big, and he recommends removing the disk completely, and doing an interbody cage fusion, which means that the process will happen from my stomach not the back.

And he wants to go back and do the same surgery that the 1st doctor did on my right leg and do it to the left as well. and that will be done from the back. so pretty much ill be getting 2 surgeries done at once.

so far i have told the doctor to send the request in for surgery, and approval with workers comp should be another 4-6 weeks till i get my 2nd surgery, ill let you guys know the exact date once i get it.

Comment

ha, I think we talked about this last time. lol.
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

I don't know what to say Rami. Your diagnosis is very similar to mine. Unfortunately that's where the similarities stop. It's just heart breaking to me to see how much treatment you have been able to receive, while I have not been able to get any treatment what so ever at all. I know it hasn't been a walk in the park, but in the grand scheme of things. We are literally talking apples and concrete here...

In sincerely hope you get your surgery. I also sincerely hope that you obtain nearly 100% recovery from it. To a small degree it's some what reassuring that the system is working for some one in a similar situation...
                the car that Chris created 93 base 2.0, bought 9/27/1997 ~ 4-wheels are a happy part of every one of my days
                what's happening now ; what was happening ; old c-west ; photo timeline 97-early 08
                the car=once bought.Custom=easy.RaceCar=respected/Earned~as a developed machine from repeated failures & wins & more time spent broken then driving! They are never done once and right as the myth suggests.

Comment

well i want to say thank you for giving me good luck and at the same time i want to say sorry to hear about your situation Chris. i hope things work out for you as well man.

Comment

how is everything so far??

i got a final diagnose from the insurance doctor in my case and have a 6mm herniation/inflamation on one of my disks that is what is making the pain sooo bad.

i get angry in my case that i dont get any medical treatment approved and the pain is just horrible. now i see why you said coilovers will be a thing of the past in my case too if my back is injured.

i hope you are doing well rami. did you get the second set of surgeries yet??
                    1991 3.0 LX fully built, aftermarket everything.

Comment

that sucks to hear about your case Manuel.

yea at i didnt think much of the coil overs on the mx6 at first, but after a while they just get to you really bad, taking a long drive u will be paying for it the rest of the day. or sometimes the rest of the week. those couple mountain runs i did with the bad back, i was paying for them for 2 weeks after.

as for my surgery, its been set on thursday October 8th, ill be going in at 5am, getting an interbody cage fusion done, in which they will cut me from the stomach, reach in to the spine, and remove the disk completely, then insert the cages in there, then i have to wait some time for the bone to bond with this type of fusion.

then after that i will be getting a repeat of the 1st surgery done, but it will be done on the left leg in order to finish what the 1st doctor has started. so im actually going in for 2 surgeries.

doctor said it should take about 3 hours to get it done, and i will be staying at the hospital for a day or 2 depending on how im feeling.

Comment

Rami, my best wishes and prayers are with you for your upcoming surgery.

Manuel, I don't really know what to say. As I am in the same boat as you right now. It's been over three years too, and I have an attorney working on my behalf too.

However keep your hopes up. Because if this universal health care gets passed. We may be able to get our treatments, and tell the ins co's to go **** themselves you slimy bastards!!! Better yet maybe if we get treated under the uni health program, but liability is from the ins co. The federal government will go after the ins co for the medical expenses. They won't be able to squirm out of the federal gov's clutches... It just might be possible to have a normal life again with out the debilitating daily pain that we are enduring. If Obama can pull this off any way...

on a side not, and speaking of the government. You two may want to start looking into socialsecurity disability. Technically you qualify after a year of being disabled with an undetermined recovery date. This would provide medicare. Which can be used to treat the inevitable collateral health issues that will arise from the ins treatment stand off. There are a few catches to this ins coverage though. It requires a copay, or secondary ins that you would have to pay out of pocket for. (I have registered with blue cross as my medicare secondary) Secondly medicare won't cover a health issue that is tied into a workers comp claim. So ultimately we would still have to fight the ins co for the back surgery.

It is my hope and belief that uni health care won't have this restriction once enacted. That way we can start getting ALL the treatments we need, and hopefully move on with our lives..
                        Last edited by cityracer; September 17, 2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

good luck on the surgery my mom had it and she was in the hospital for 5 days or so.

in my case so far im going to try to go at it with as much passive treatment as possible, i know quite a few people that had the surgery rami is getting and its never good other than most of the pain goes away.

i hope in your case you get better rami with this surgery let us know for sure what happens.

city racer that sucks that you are on the same boat as me, im soo angry at the INS and their bullshit not approving stuff, that is why i might be suing for pain and suffering and for them taking so long to respond.

I sure hope that the universal healthcare passes, i mean canada has it, even mexico has it and i remember when i lived there is none of the crap we put up with here.

good luck rami. my recommendation try to exercise as much as possible to get your back strong so you dont have to struggle as much after the surgery.
                          1991 3.0 LX fully built, aftermarket everything.

Comment

yea i have been doing so with some home exercises and stuff, but i talked with the doctor he said it wont matter much at this time becasue after surgery u will have to wait for the muscles to heal and start all over again.

Comment

got some bad news for you on the "pain and suffering" bit. it your ins is from a work injury, then you don't have that recourse. In fact pretty much the ins co's get to do what ever they feel like, and there's nothing we can do about it. It's so screwed up I cant even begin to explain. the best I can sum it up is that it's now cheaper for an ins co to pay penalties for not doing their job, then it is to actually do what they are supposed to do. At that these penalties don't go to you, they go into the state system. So you are still left where you started off post penalty any way.

Comment

aight guys, i will be going in surgery on thursday morning, i have about 30 hours before i have to get ready and drive to the hospital. so you guys wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X