This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm.. Bigger is better :-D
    I drive the Probe just for fun... and quite often on racetracks (its not my everyday car).
    Nevertheless i have to keep an eye on my bank acct... but if i can get 0.4" bigger brakes which costs only a little bit more, then i want to have them

Anyway.. Thanks PGT97 for your clear answer.
    So if anyone know where i can buy cheap calipers of an mazdaspeed6, then please tell me.
    Last edited by eNGinE; August 18, 2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryoga28 View Post
      Since the Mazdaspeed protege front setup is the same as a 2002 mazda 626 v6, would a mazdaspeed 6 front setup work on the mazdaspeed protege?
      The msp is almost the same as the 626. The rotors are the same, but the calipers are a different part number. Basicly, the only true difference between the 2 is that the msp has aluminum calipers, as aposed to the standard ones.
      I'm the 626 guy. DOWN FOR A REBUILD 11.8:1 comp build .020 pistons race cams MSPNP coming hopefully running by the end of the year check my YOUTUBE page

Comment

• Would a 11.1" rotor work with 15" wheels? Typically you need about 4 inches of clearance, right?
        1995 240sx rb swap http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3331073
        1995 ford probe http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400359 now gone
        1993 Subaru Impreza dd 5-speed injen intakehttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3331061 1998 black quattro 2.8 5-speed fully loaded, orange 1970 judge

Comment

• Originally posted by joeleo1 View Post
          Would a 11.1" rotor work with 15" wheels? Typically you need about 4 inches of clearance, right?
          My last BMW had 11.3" brakes and 15" wheels, so i'd say yes :-)

Comment

• hi.

yes, typically 11" brakes will fit under most 15" wheels. i run 11" brake rotors on my race honda, with 15" wheels. it is a tight fit (about 1/16" clearance), but it fits.

with my Probe BBK, the 12.3" brake rotor just BARELY fits under the stock 16" wheels.

todd
            ReidSpeed
            Todd Reid #11 ReidSpeedInc.com Ford Probe GT
            2011 Race Track Combat Champion
            2011 NASA National PTE Reserve Champion
            2009 & 2007 NASA Mid Atlantic PTE Champion
            "If you wanna go faster, you gotta be able to STOP!"

Comment

• I'm really not into it, and don't have the mazda epc either, but didnt the 06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 had 12.6" rotors in front???

MetalPGT wrote they are 12.2" but i read about 12.6in rotors on all car-review pages i found.
              Last edited by eNGinE; August 20, 2008, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• ^
                Yes the MS6 front rotors are 12.6". That miss information is all over PT in every post I have seen concerning MS6 brakes.

Originally posted by joeleo1 View Post
                Would a 11.1" rotor work with 15" wheels? Typically you need about 4 inches of clearance, right?
                I have the 11.1" 98+ V6 626 brakes with stock LS wheels and lots of room.

They fill them out a lot better though. They could proabably fit the late 11.8" brakes also.

Originally posted by blac_shine007 View Post
                The msp is almost the same as the 626. The rotors are the same, but the calipers are a different part number. Basicly, the only true difference between the 2 is that the msp has aluminum calipers, as aposed to the standard ones.
                I wasnt aware of that They look identical in the catalog pic's I have seen. And the rotors are the same PN at the store.

If thats true then real MSP brakes might be worth the premium ($800) over 626 brakes.
                Last edited by ls-6; August 20, 2008, 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I cant seem to find nice performance rotors anywhere (slotted or 2 peice) for an 06-07 mazda 6

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

• Anyone allready mention RR-racing?

If it hasn't been mentioned allready. RR-racing has a brake kit that is nothing more than extention brackets, larger rotors and pads. still uses stock calipers but with larger rotors will improve braking. Also this kit WILL fit in your stock 16 inch rims. Hell of alot cheaper than alot of other kits
                    93 PGT-ZEIntercooled turbo, fidenza 9lbs, centerforce clutch, AFPR, mount inserts, ZE chipped, blue Led Halo H4 headlights and still needing MS

Comment

• the 06 mazda 6 brake upgrade in less than 400.

everyone that has bought the rotors just got the plain old oem style. i wouldnt buy slotted/cross drilled anyways cuz every time i see some they're all rusted out and that, to me, looks terrible.
                      1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

• dont forget thats for all 4 wheels. no other option covers the rears.

Comment

• you are correct.
                          1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

• Anyone try and find a place that would sell the MS6 calipers? Mazda-parts.com I think has them but for a very expensive price if I recall. Anyone know of any other place?

EDIT: Ok they sell them for 136.97 each, not as bad as I thought(like 300 per caliper lol).

Not really going to do it myself(already have big brake kits for my cars), but would like to see if others might be interested. I would like to see the 12.6 MS6 rotor and caliper on a Probe.

This is cool that now we too can enjoy cross interchangeability like so many other makes like Nissan and Honda.
                            Last edited by Stevoh; August 21, 2008, 11:23 PM.
                            Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
                            Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
                            Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

• The Mazda-parts.com offer would be nice if the Mounting Brackets are included.
                              But i bet they aren't. :-(

I already asked on OnlineMazdaParts.com, and they want to have $152 for the calipers PLUS $100.- for the Mounting brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by eNGinE View Post
                                The Mazda-parts.com offer would be nice if the Mounting Brackets are included.
                                But i bet they aren't. :-(

I already asked on OnlineMazdaParts.com, and they want to have $152 for the calipers PLUS $100.- for the Mounting brackets.
                                Damn, then it would be my initial thought of 300 per caliper basically. DAMN! Might as well get a real big brake kit. There is a 13 inch Wilwood kit that pops up every now and then on ebay for the price of just two MS6 caliper assemblies. But then again, this is a thread on Mazda brake components.

Oh well, I am sure the 11.8 inch kit is good enough. Maybe prices for the MS6 stuff will go down in time.
                                Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
                                Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
                                Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X