Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought some Millenia S two piston calipers and brackets for 62.50 each from mazdarecycling.com
    Regards,
    Andre S
    93 Mazda 626 - Heavily modified - Cross Pollinated - Work in Progress
    --------------------------------My Build Page---------------------------------

Comment

• i wasnt aware the millenia parts fit the probe?
      1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

• They dont. Atleast not directly.

I was one of the first to try that one.

The piece of the bracket between the bolt holes hits the spindle while the holes are still a few MM away from the holes in the mounting tabs.

Thet theres the fact that the holes them selves are a few MM farther apart in the Milli pieces.

If you solve those issues the rotor wont sit on the hub with out hitting the caliper bracket on the back side and being off center to the caliper.

the protege guys seem to have made it fit though. Look around clubprotege.com and imazda forums. I dont remember who had it.

Comment

• Originally posted by twiztid_wun View Post
          i wasnt aware the millenia parts fit the probe?
          good morning!

that is the caliper that i base my road racing big brake kit on; i manufacture custom brackets and hardware that allow the Millenia S dual piston calipers to bolt up directly to our hubs and utilize the late model Mitsubishi 3000 GT Twin Turbo front rotors (12.3" x 1.2" thick). the combo works extremely well! (check out the post above for last weekends races at Summit Point! )

good luck with your brake enhancements!

sincerely,
          todd
          ReidSpeed
          #11 PTE Ford Probe GT
          Todd Reid #11 ReidSpeedInc.com Ford Probe GT
          2011 Race Track Combat Champion
          2011 NASA National PTE Reserve Champion
          2009 & 2007 NASA Mid Atlantic PTE Champion
          "If you wanna go faster, you gotta be able to STOP!"

Comment

• Originally posted by d15b7 View Post
            good morning!

that is the caliper that i base my road racing big brake kit on; i manufacture custom brackets and hardware that allow the Millenia S dual piston calipers to bolt up directly to our hubs and utilize the late model Mitsubishi 3000 GT Twin Turbo front rotors (12.3" x 1.2" thick). the combo works extremely well! (check out the post above for last weekends races at Summit Point! )

good luck with your brake enhancements!

sincerely,
            todd
            ReidSpeed
            #11 PTE Ford Probe GT
            BTW I can't wait to get a hold of the rotors and brackets from you, the car is gonna stop sick!

What pads should I run on those Todd? I am thinking porterfield R4 for the track and R4S for the street.
            Last edited by RoadRage; August 26, 2008, 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Regards,
            Andre S
            93 Mazda 626 - Heavily modified - Cross Pollinated - Work in Progress
            --------------------------------My Build Page---------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by RoadRage View Post
              BTW I can't wait to get a hold of the rotors and brackets from you, the car is gonna stop sick!

What pads should I run on those Todd? I am thinking porterfield R4 for the track and R4S for the street.
              hi!

the R4S is perfect for street use with my kit; in fact, for DE lapping, you probably won't need anything more than that (just about all the other guys i have sold kits to run street pads on the track; the rotors are so huge that heat isn't much of a problem at DE speeds, so they just use a good high performance pad; and i recommend the R4S for that! it is long lasting, and reasonably priced, too). i have race pads custom made for me; i run the car EXTREMELY, SUPER DUPER HARD, compared to most folks.... if you find that you need full race pads, just contact me; i keep them in stock!

btw, you can't run the full race pads on the street -- the dust, noise, and wear are really really bad at slow speeds (they just don't warm up enough at street speeds).

i'll be in touch soon!
              Todd Reid #11 ReidSpeedInc.com Ford Probe GT
              2011 Race Track Combat Champion
              2011 NASA National PTE Reserve Champion
              2009 & 2007 NASA Mid Atlantic PTE Champion
              "If you wanna go faster, you gotta be able to STOP!"

Comment

• Wow! What a great piece of information thank you for sharing this. I will surely be adding this to my probe.

One bit of information I want to just add, if you're considering the Mazdaspeed6 brake upgrade like I will be doing do not get the factory brake pads as they are very, very dusty and literally cover my front rims black every 7 days even after 35,000km!

Comment

• Just a heads up for anyone getting Speed6 set up. The front pads are the same as Audi S4 brake pads (easier and may be cheaper to find).

Comment

• Here are some shots of what happens when your brakes aren't big enough:
                    http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffdegr...dOhioSept2008#

Comment

• Originally posted by wally21 View Post
                      Here are some shots of what happens when your brakes aren't big enough:
                      http://picasaweb.google.com/jeffdegr...dOhioSept2008#
                      Thoes are scary pics... I dont think they didnt have big enough brakes from the pics of the brakes, but perhaps missed their braking zone. Perhaps boiled the fluid or had some other mechanical failure and went for the brakes and had nothing there.

Road Racing is not for the faint of heart or sloppy prep for a racing event. Everything needs to be near perfect before you go out on track. Brakes Bleed, Lines checked, Fluid level full, handbrake adjusted, Rear Brakes adjusted, Brake pad linings checked for cracks, or overheated. Brake ducting in place and secure from getting tangled. Be safe out there, have fun and be sure to check your equipment and it will perhaps allow you to take your car home in one piece that night.
                      Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

• my mechanic said that all the parts i bought are junk. pretty sure if you buy the parts yourself you dont have many places you can go. i'm not about to have a mechanic do a job i could do myself and i'm definetly not spending a lot of money either.

what's this i hear about the rotors being warped?
                        1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

• I am surprised this isn't stickied or archived.
                          KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

• Ok this is for all the first genners out there that may have asked this question that in 6 pages i didn't seem to see an answer for. DOES THE MAZDASPEED6 calipers and rotors fit at least the front. I have a frend that has a big brake kit on his speed6 and i think he still has his stock calipers and rotors. So once i get them from him i am going to see if they fit my 1989 626 turbo.

Also as someone else mention and beat me to the punch is that the audi S4 pads are MUCH cheaper than the speed6 pads. I know that they fit as i have them on my speed6 right now. Once i get the calipers and rotor from him i will be taking pic of the install.

I have 18's on my car now so i am good with the wheel size that is needed to fit the calipers.

Here is is pic of his car with the big brake kit on it!!!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...ewshoes007.jpg

Here is the thread with the calipers on it for more pics got to thread 47...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.ph...ic=97723&st=40
                            Last edited by charles; December 10, 2008, 04:52 PM.
                            ESPOC RACING TEAM charles
                            WITH SOME OF THE FASTEST FIRST GENS ON THE EAST COAST!!
                            Mazdaspeed6 current mods
                            CP forged pistons/carrillo rods/ARP head and main studs/DNP mani/GT3076 turbo/H&R coilovers/CPE 3" TBE/Ported intake mani/Standback ecu/custom 3" intake/FMIC etc... 12.28@112 1.68 60ft

1993 pgt/eibach springs/18' dritz/centerforce clutch/intake/ more later maybe..

Comment

• Cool, Would be a nice option for some who can't afford something like HydraCyl
                              Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

• hmm...I think I just might go the Mazda6 way....I won't need(hopefully) the Bitmushitsi setup, but the Mazda6 is definately bigger/better than stock.
                                1993 Black Probe GT Sensei Body Kit, M3 Mirrors, APC Wing, Custom Green LED interior lights.
                                1977 Datsun 620 Truck Built Chevy 350 V-8, TH350, 4.88 gears, and custom 80's paint. Passes everything except the gas station.

Comment

Working...
                                X