This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misinformation
    Last edited by RoadRage; June 13, 2008, 08:31 PM. Reason: I was corrected :P
    Regards,
    Andre S
    93 Mazda 626 - Heavily modified - Cross Pollinated - Work in Progress
    --------------------------------My Build Page---------------------------------

Comment

• http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/4...l/dscn0316.jpg - Those are 4-pots?

And Todd... Aah, **** it, I'm going to PM you.
      Last edited by Domino81; June 13, 2008, 01:31 PM.
      Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• Maybe I stand corrected I was told they were but they don't look like it in the pic.
        Regards,
        Andre S

Comment

• Since the Mazdaspeed protege front setup is the same as a 2002 mazda 626 v6, would a mazdaspeed 6 front setup work on the mazdaspeed protege?

Comment

• It should. The Racing Hart wheels will clear it.
            Regards,
            Andre S

Comment

• mounting bracket

Does anyone have a pic of the "mounting bracket" needed when buying these. It's not that bracket you see from the outside that you can see the rotor through is it? Or should that part be included?
              '93 Mazda Mx-6 LS 271k kilometres/'07 RX-8 18 inch wheels/2006 Mazda6 calipers/rotors/ Tokico HP blues/Tokico red springs/'01 Mazda 626 rear sway bar and nissan altima endlinks/Bosal Bro Speed muffler
              '95 RoyalBlue PGT
              MTX 247k kilometres OR 153,500 miles (R.I.P.)
              14.961@89.8mph CAI, MX3 flywheel, stock cat,Magnaflow muffler

Comment

• Your going to have to get way more specific about what you want to buy, yes the mounting bracket is what you see the rotor through when you slide the caliper off the pins.
                Regards,
                Andre S

Comment

• Just got the parts form an '06....so I know what the mounting braket looks like now. Man the piston from the Mazda6 caliper is quite a bit larger than stock
                  '93 Mazda Mx-6 LS 271k kilometres/'07 RX-8 18 inch wheels/2006 Mazda6 calipers/rotors/ Tokico HP blues/Tokico red springs/'01 Mazda 626 rear sway bar and nissan altima endlinks/Bosal Bro Speed muffler
                  '95 RoyalBlue PGT
                  MTX 247k kilometres OR 153,500 miles (R.I.P.)
                  14.961@89.8mph CAI, MX3 flywheel, stock cat,Magnaflow muffler

Comment

• the rotors are quite a bit larger then stock.
                    Regards,
                    Andre S

Comment

• Originally posted by d15b7 View Post
                      hi. as requested, here are a couple pics of the 'correct' Millenia S setup (Millenia S dual piston front calipers, 3000 GT VR4 front rotors, and hardware = my ReidSpeed setup):

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2...racecaryv2.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4...peedbbkyy3.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2...rsfrontrr4.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2...orssideep7.jpg

note that with the oem 16" wheels, this is about the MAX size rotor you can run; there is the minimum clearance available between the rim and the Millenia S caliper....

please note that this is a 'system'; the Millenia S calipers work with the 3000 GT VR4 rotors (using my mounting hardware). i would not recommend trying to use the Millenia S calipers with the Millenia S rotors; the rotor simply isn't massive enough to deal with the rigors of extreme braking....

below please see a picture of me racing my other car; a honda civic hatchback. this car has the complete Legend dual piston front caliper/Integra Type R 11.1" rotor conversion on it. the car only weighs 2300 lbs. with me in it (as compared to 2700+ lbs for the probe). i run 15" wheels on the civic for better acceleration and lower weight, so 11" rotors are the max i can fit:

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/9...mmit200bq5.jpg

look carefully at the front wheels! this is what the Probe used to look like after 3-4 laps of running with the stock 10" brakes. then the brake pads would bend and melt, and the rotors would fail. and i'd HAVE to back off, and lose the race!!!! now, no matter how long the race is in the probe, i never get any neato pics like this; the brakes just don't get hot enough to glow like that in daylight!!!!! i am fairly certain i could run a 6 hour enduro with the Probe, and never have to change the front pads; they'd last the entire race... (i'd have to change pads at least 3 times in the honda civic!).

hope that answered some of the questions!

todd
                      ReidSpeed
                      where can I get the brackets? obviously from you but seems to be a older topic...

Comment

• has anyone tested to see if the '07 cx-7 calipers bolt up?
                        1993 PGT

Comment

• Hello,
                          i hope someone can help me.

I want to get these Maszdaspeed6 brakes for my probe2, too and currently searching for parts on several onlineshops.

On rockauto.com i found the discs and pads but i saw that they sell exactly the same calipers for the mazda6 and mazdaspeed6 (both 2006).
                          Is that possible???

I mean are the calipers of the mazdaspeed6 the same as on the mazda6, desipte the fact that the mazdaspeed6 discs are 0.4" bigger?
                          Or is it just a mistake in there database?

Maybe someone with access to a official Mazda parts catalogue can check this.

Kind Regards,
                          eNGinE

Comment

• Originally posted by PGT97_Racer View Post
                            Why go with front MSP rotors and Calipers? The Mazda6's are bigger and beafier.

MSP rotors are 11.1". Early M 6 rotors are exactly the same. The calipers are different though (newer style) and the later model 6 has 11.8" rotors with a different slider bracket and the same caliper as the early 6.
                            Last edited by ls-6; August 20, 2008, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• These are the two sizes i'm taking about:
                              Originally posted by MetalPGT View Post
                              06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" => Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
                              06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 => 12.2" => Must have a 17" wheel minimum
                              I really wanna have the 12.2" one's but i cant find these calipers in any onlineshop apart of rockauto....
                              But there, they are only listet for 2006 (not 2007), and they have the same partnumber.

Thats why i asked... is that really possible that both calipers are the same? (in 2006 Mazda6 and Mazdaspeed6)

@WpgKLZE: Thanks for your PM, but unfortunatelly i can't answer because this is only my 2nd posting and i need 15 Postings to write (or answer) PM's :-(
                              Can you please send me your email address, to answer you?

Comment

• Calipers/Rotors are not interchangeable as mentionned on the first post.
                                Maybe, not tested, the brackets can be changed to accomodate the bigger rotors, but if you buy standard 06-07 Mazda6 Calipers, they will not fit with the MS6 rotors. And honestly, unless you plan on producing huge amount of HP or plan on doing a lot of Auto-X, you don't need the 12.2" rotors. 11.8" will be plenty good. Even i have the 11.2" and I am very satisfied.
                                Last edited by PGT97_Racer; August 18, 2008, 10:45 AM.
                                KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

Working...
                                X