No announcement yet.

Clutched Eaton m45 kit (BOLT-ON)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you cant use a boost controller on a s/c unless you wanted to setup some kind of wastegate system on the intake pipe, but imo that would be kind of retarded. just get a different pulley that will make less boost
    W-I-M-P you cant spell wimp without the MP!

13B~Artillery is the life for me

Comment

Originally posted by mac1
      this may sound kinda gay but i want this setup to have a louder bov. something with some ppssssssstt to it. i heard the audio from your setup on your site but i cant here any blowoff. also, can i run a boost controller to minize the boost for tuning purposes?
      you cannot run a boost controller, the only way to have any control over the system is to get a turbo ... as i stated earlier, the only way to adjust the PSI is to change the pulley ... as far as the blow off goes, check APC they carry all of that stuff ...

Comment

Originally posted by InsanePhotoGuy
        until the first time you dump it at 1800 rpm ... the PSI is not adjustable unless you change the pulley, so i really dont think there is any "taking it easy"
        I mean like half throttle, like take it easy on the gas till i buy clutch and flywheel, or jsut turn supercharger off and take out fmu till i get my clutch.

Comment

You will still create full boost, even at half throttle, eventually. You would have to drive with it off.
          '93 Electric Blue GT MTX | 15.5@86.6 w/ slipping clutch mod. That's so "last season."
          ONPOC.ca

Comment

Yep, $2,000 for the retail price - blower included.

Originally posted by dueces
            On the website it says that right now the kit is $1750 w/ blower, and that it will raise to $2000 after the bulk buy, My question is- does this still include the blower?
            thanks

john
            '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
            '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Comment

yeah..i realize there is no point to not buy clutch before the supercharger, im decided to buy clutch and flywheel but i dotn know if to buy 9 pound or mx3 flywheel?

Comment

It has been fit to 1 out of car engine and 3 probes, two of which I own. I have a spare engine and transmission that is used as a jig - doesn't get any better than that. I have some people comming to me very soon here, an mx6 and possibly an mx3 also. Dyno and 1/4 hasn't been done yet, but will be. I need time and $ to do this, once I have some kits sold I'll have the money to do this. Dyno tuning and pulls at $150 an hour is something I can't yet afford.

You can adjust them while the engine is running, if that's what you mean - often times that is how they correctly tuned.

Originally posted by zigzag
                It's been said that this has been fitted to three Probes. Who are they? Have any of them been dynoed/timed?

Also, please forgive my ignorance regarding FPR's, but are they adjustable on the fly? My question comes from running one pressure when the blower is active and another when it isn't? Or am I missing something?

Comment

No problems, it fits a ZE just fine. I suggest a heavery flywheel cause it will help to keep traction. This setup nets you full boost at 1700RPM - very few turbo setups and no centrifigul offer that. The lowend boost in power you get from a lightweight flywheel are more than made up with having instant boost.

~Patrick

Originally posted by superballs63
                  Any problems with putting this to a ZE? My plans have changed and I'm going with a ZE, stage 2 or 3 clutch (not sure yet) and 9lb flywheel. Why are you guys recommending a stock flywheel, how bad would it be to drive with a 9lb? Also I should note that my car won't be a daily driver by any means.

Thanks,
                  dan

Comment

Boost controllers are for Turbos, mainly for controlling spikes (which do not occur here) and adjusting boost secondly. This is not something that has no place in a roots-type blower, sorry.

If you want a loud POP, then only hook up on BOV - you'll get sick of the loud idle after 1 day, I promise. When I say loud, I mean hearing your car idle a whole block away. Ask Rick_96pgt and anyone else who has used a single BOV and a roots type.

And if you are tuning, you WANT to have it running at it's peek boost - that way it's tuned correctly and for the real world.

~Patrick

Originally posted by mac1
                    this may sound kinda gay but i want this setup to have a louder bov. something with some ppssssssstt to it. i heard the audio from your setup on your site but i cant here any blowoff. also, can i run a boost controller to minize the boost for tuning purposes?

Comment

I promise you, if you run an OEM clutch - you WILL gernade it. Once you realize how much more power your blown probe creates, instinct will take over and the gas pedal will hit the floor. That's just the realistic nature of things.

Originally posted by volcomchester18
                      I mean like half throttle, like take it easy on the gas till i buy clutch and flywheel, or jsut turn supercharger off and take out fmu till i get my clutch.

Comment

At half throttle, I make about 3-4psi throughout the powerband. As soon as the throttle plate is wide open, full boost.

Originally posted by Illmatic
                        You will still create full boost, even at half throttle, eventually. You would have to drive with it off.

Comment

I suggest the MX-3. It's lighter than stock, but not soo light like the 9lbs Paeco and 11lb Fidanza. If you go after a brand name clutch, stick with the clutchmasters stage 3. It's well proven and the bite it has is exceptional for boost and high torque. It's what, 30-40$ more than a stage 2? Don't skimp. You'll want to add more boost in the future, may as well have your drive train ready for it. Less hassle, cost and headache in the end picture.

~Patrick

Originally posted by volcomchester18
                          yeah..i realize there is no point to not buy clutch before the supercharger, im decided to buy clutch and flywheel but i dotn know if to buy 9 pound or mx3 flywheel?

Comment

any future considerations of producing a kit for the 2.0L?
                            -Kyle
                            93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

nice responses adlorin, i like the way u keep up with everybody . one last question, where is the best place to buy the mx3 flywheel? could i just keep my stock flywheel?
                              Last edited by volcomchester18; October 14, 2004, 02:38 PM.

Comment

For certain, it should be done by early 2005. I plan to do a Supra MK3 kit at the same time too.

Originally posted by blackpgt1994
                                any future considerations of producing a kit for the 2.0L?

Comment

Working...
                                X