Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear things slowed down a little, but I know PT.com will come through, always have

I was on TEIN's site today, just trying to educate myself with the different products and their respective prices, and I came accross this ...

NOT TEIN BB PRICES, LISTED ON TEIN'S WEBSITE AS ...

FORD PROBE
    93-97
    Type BASIC Damper
    V6 GT Coming Soon
    $990.00
    9/504 SB090-01200
    6/336 SJ060-01200

FORD PROBE
    93-97
    SS Damper with Pillow Ball Uppermounts
    V6 GT Coming Soon
    $1510.00
    9/504 SB090-01200
    6/336 SB060-01200

I'm glad to see the basic is under $1k, I wonder what the difference in ride quality is between the Basic and the SS? I'll have to check on the review thread to get details, which I am sure will be very informative. But there is something TEH SHEXY about controling suspension details from the cockpit w/EDFC, and I was just thinking of what little piece of equipment would fit nicely into the bottom cubby

Hope I didn't throw anyone off, just trying to update a few with what is going on in TEIN's mind as per the general price from them WHEN the set comes out for distribution, I can't wait to see the sweet deal PT.com gets us

Stay Tuned ...
    Last edited by Tekjive; February 1, 2006, 09:25 PM.
    NYPOC

Joe Pierce is Awake and Recovering!

Comment

• the difference will be in the spring rates and in the dampening of the struts. keep in mind that the basic set will not come with the pillow ball strut mounts. we're hopeful that TEIN will decide to make the strut mounts a separately available item, since they'll already be making them for the super street kits.

keep the faith guys, we'll do what we can.
      ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• its late

ok its late and i am tired what is the big deal about upper pillow ball mounts.
        The basic damper would be great for most of the mx6 and probe followers CORRECT? YES NO I DONT KNOW
        93 MX6 Ls " THE RED DRAGON " more zoom-zoom very soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwmx6
          ok its late and i am tired what is the big deal about upper pillow ball mounts.
          The basic damper would be great for most of the mx6 and probe followers CORRECT? YES NO I DONT KNOW
          Really, do some research. You will thank yourself.
          Katrena
          Sold 97 Rio Red PGT Stock
          RIP 94 Electric Red PGT Borla • TW Motorsports
          95 Seafoam Green PGT
          I facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmark101
            no, there is no current news. our contact at Super Autobacs has moved on and unfortunately we have to utilize another contact in order to get the ball rolling, but no worries: once we have that taken care of, we'll get talks started.

we would prefer not to have to conduct this buy ourselves and we were hoping to have a reputable company like SA introduce this to the probe community by sponsoring the first bulk buy.

this, along with the repeated delays in having even the Super Street Damper kit released are making us impatient, not to mention everyone else who knows about this kit.

gavin, TEIN specifically stated that much of the information that we had at the time not be released to the general public. i'm not entirely sure why they insisted upon that however if you contact "The Brain" via PM, i'm sure that he can provide you with greater detail, as he was the main contact with them during the prototyping stage.
            ok the contact has bailed, if you read back a number of post post number 191 of this thread, i stated that i can get the Tein Kits for you if you want me to host the bulk buy, i can even pre- order the kits because i have the part numbers to the basic kit and the super street kit which have not been released to the public as of yet.

and for the record i am not a performance shop or a business but there are things that i can get deals on, as soon as my source gets the official release date i will probally order 3 to 5 sets using my own money, then i will post pics of all the kits so that people can see that i have them in my hands before any money is exchange, if me hosting this is unacceptable or falls under some stupid rule (which i can't see how because there are no tein vendors on this board) then i guess that's life and your lost

Comment

• p1p, thanks for the offer. we will keep this in consideration. at the present, we wish to explore a couple of different avenues and see if we can't launch this the way we originally intended.

if we cannot do this as expected, then we'll revisit this suggestion.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Originally posted by dmark101
                p1p, thanks for the offer. we will keep this in consideration. at the present, we wish to explore a couple of different avenues and see if we can't launch this the way we originally intended.

if we cannot do this as expected, then we'll revisit this suggestion.

you're welcome,

i don't understand the other avenue issue, maybe i'm missing something somewhere (i thought the point of this was to get them and get a good deal)

but whether you use me or not it's cool because i'll be ordering 5 sets (2 ss kit, 3 basic and a couple sets of springs) as a start anyway because i know that they will sell
                Last edited by P1P; February 3, 2006, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• it just means we have a couple of alternatives.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Hi Everybody,

This is an intermediate update. A more thorough one will be presented next Tuesday when more information is made available to me from Tein.

At this time, SuperAutobacs is in the process of arranging the purchasing requirements from Tein. These products are not going to be any items that they will carry any stock of on a day to day basis. So, the next step is for them to finalize the extent of their involvement (and thus what maybe necessary from the Probe community, us) for this kind of deal to happen. Specifically, the minimum purchase number, if necessary; How much money will be necessary to make the order?; When would that money need to be made available?; And, how much time before delivery?; Etc. ...

These are only some of the things are under consideration for a sale of this type to occur. Please, consider them yourself. What do you want (think ahead)? How much money do you have to spend? When will that money be available? ...

Edit - The following paragraph is now incorrect as of 02/06/06.
                    Please, I urge anyone else to gather together the local Probe owners who wish to buy similar items. You will be more successful as a group. It is most likely that these products are not going to be a normally stocked item by vendors. Also, the minimum number of any one item that can be ordered from Tein has been set, (it's going to be 12, at least). No individual orders (except the E.D.F.C. module). That's the word at this moment. All will be confirmed this Monday. Check back in then.

Warning!!! - There are significant differences between the available products. I strongly suggest that you revisit the first page of this thread in order to verify what you will get with your purchase. There are details and restrictions that may affect your choices especially if you wish to eventually use the E.D.F.C. module.

One final note. Tein only ships its' products to the U.S. and then must clear Customs here in on the west coast before arriving at the Distribution Office in Downey, CA. I have been told that that process is taking ever longer due to increases in importing restrictions at the Long Beach Port. So, be patient. Thanks.

Michael
                    Last edited by "The Brain"; February 6, 2006, 05:48 PM.
                    My car is no longer STOCK, and people are STILL laughing at me!

'94 Mazda PGT Black ('95 Zero-Mile KLDE Engine from Japan with some of my '93 Steel Blue Frost in there too. )

Comment

• why dont we have a PT vendor run a bb instead of superautobacs? i bet ther prices will be lower and we would support our vendors instead of them.
                      just a thought
                      count me in for the ss with pillow ball mounts
                      96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
                      FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
                      PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

• I see you said they ship to u.s.. I can still order them through the BB and get them shipped to Canada right?
                        Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Comment

• How about people posting "count me in" type posts go here:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701187904

Kat
                          Last edited by katherself; February 4, 2006, 09:18 AM.
                          Katrena
                          Sold 97 Rio Red PGT Stock
                          RIP 94 Electric Red PGT Borla • TW Motorsports
                          95 Seafoam Green PGT
                          I facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by KES16
                            I see you said they ship to u.s.. I can still order them through the BB and get them shipped to Canada right?
                            Me to i want to know for the shipping to canada.

if yes count me in for the ss-p
                            Probe GT 1993:Teins SS coil over,HS headers,AWR motor mount, AWR trailling arm,addco swaybar,SS link kits,ss brake line,ss clutch line,walbro 255,Fidanza flywheel,RR UDP,18 spyn spyder wheel..

Comment

• Originally posted by unknowncitizen
                              why dont we have a PT vendor run a bb instead of superautobacs? i bet ther prices will be lower and we would support our vendors instead of them.
                              just a thought
                              count me in for the ss with pillow ball mounts

it ain't that easy, with some major companies they require a initial buy in say 5 to 10 thoundsand jus to deal directly with them and you have to meet a certain monthly goal (quota) to continue to deal with them and if they don't think you are big enough they will refer you to a sub dealer

Comment

• I'm in for a set of the ss-p

Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X