Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Tien's are overkill for half the people that will likely buy them, so are the K-Sports, but the fact that they can have a great product to think and talk about, spend money on and play with is a freaking awesome selling point. Think I haven't bought something almost entirely because it was 'cool'

And yes, you'll also get an amazing handling car. Also another great benefit

Laters
    Ryan
    Ryan
    '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
    SMF Prep:
    MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

• mac1..."I'm so glad i dont fully understand spring rate and just know what a good one is" Dont you think thats part of the problem? I wouldnt expect everyone to be an expert on suspension(lord knows Im not), but how can one say whats the best if that person doesnt even have a rudimentary idea of what they have and why its "the best"?

You have to know what you have, what it can do for you, and how to get the most from that item. If you dont, you just have a bunch of......stuff.

PS: this applies to audio, suspension, engine or any other application out there.

Gavin
      Last edited by gavin; January 9, 2006, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gavin

You have to know what you have, what it can do for you, and how to get the most from that item. If you dont, you just have a bunch of......stuff.

PS: this applies to audio, suspension, engine or any other application out there.

Gavin
        Very much agreed

Laters
        Ryan
        Ryan
        '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
        SMF Prep:
        MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

• So when will these b available and what price
          93 MX6 Ls " THE RED DRAGON " more zoom-zoom very soon!

Comment

• thread spans a bit of time eh?

these are uber-pimp. I want.

Comment

• I said this when considering 2nd gens, not 1st gens(if you can even fit them on there) The way i see it, excluding a stripped out probe, this setup currently installed on "The Brains" probe is something i think most of you would like. I'm saying this cause we have no driving impressions on different rate of springs atm. Would'nt want people to be at all dissapointed with the results between spring rate and the set valving that will be given. Just the way i feel.
              All i know about spring rate is that it takes so much(spring rate#)lbs. to compress spring(i think)1".

Originally posted by gavin
              mac1..."I'm so glad i dont fully understand spring rate and just know what a good one is" Dont you think thats part of the problem? I wouldnt expect everyone to be an expert on suspension(lord knows Im not), but how can one say whats the best if that person doesnt even have a rudimentary idea of what they have and why its "the best"?

Gavin
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by dillinr
                These Tien's are overkill for half the people that will likely buy them, so are the K-Sports, but the fact that they can have a great product to think and talk about, spend money on and play with is a freaking awesome selling point. Think I haven't bought something almost entirely because it was 'cool'

And yes, you'll also get an amazing handling car. Also another great benefit

Laters
                Ryan
                i disagree with what you just said about overkill ryan, but then some people might think this particular TEIN kit is too much, which is why they are looking at producing their entire line for us. that would include the lesser kit from the SS, the springs by themselves, and perhaps the camber plates.

stacey and i have been prodding The Brain to get his butt on here and post some updated information but he hasn't. the reason for this is that he's buried in a project for a former/'current' employer and it's taking the lion's share of his time. he knows he should post some updates but this project is pretty important to him.

those of us who know michael know what the project is because we've been guinea pigs for it.

anyhow, i'll see about getting the info from him, or having stacey or myself call the contact and get it direct.
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think they're overkill, and likely nobody who buys them will, they're a great looking setup, and I can't wait to own a set...my point was for the average person who wants some cool equipment and a lowered car could do just as well with GC's and Tokico's...or even just KYB's. BUT does that matter? Not really.

And I'm very glad they'll have a full line. Opens up options for EVERYBODY and some of the lesser products have a good chance of making it onto one or more of my other cars

Laters
                  Ryan
                  Ryan
                  '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                  SMF Prep:

Comment

• I completely agree. This product isnt for the people who just want a low car its a full on race suspension. I get so much crap for my setup and from what it sounds like this tein setup is exactly the same. My struts right now are at the VERY edge of what they are capable of, and thats why I am sooooo looking forward to this. I am so happy you guys are putting the effort into this!
                    "With A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, With a supercharger, air goes in,witchcraft happens and you go faster"
                    -Jeremy Clarkson

D'Jasper Probincrux III - South Carolina State University

Comment

• My goal.... .... ...... .. . . Make it fit the 1st gen.... heh heh heh
                      Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

• Racy-Stacey...if it fits on a 2nd gen, it fits on a 1st gen with 30min of work (if you want to do it yourself). Camber plates? Sell the 2nd gen ones to someone and call up Ground control, K-sport or cusco and get yourself 1st gen specific items(Id lean towards the Gorund controls as they offer a better value). You do what you have to, to get what you need.

indymx6...if you are on illuminas with 500lb springs I can guarantee that you are over its damping limits. Been there with 450lbers, done that with 500lbs on Konis and checked the results on a shock dyno. Beyond its means. In the end, if the Teins are valved for its springs(which it seems they will be) theyll be better than the setup you have.

And Ill say it again, if it suits your individual needs (at any level) then its not a "lesser" system. It may seem like semantics, but in my opinion its important.

Gavin

Comment

• Originally posted by gavin
                          And Ill say it again, if it suits your individual needs (at any level) then its not a "lesser" system. It may seem like semantics, but in my opinion its important.
                          it is semantics, but you're right.

gavin, neither stacey or i have seen any 1G (or 2G) specific items from cusco in ages and that was after spending quite a bit of time with one of their product reps thumbing through their catalogs.

i'm curious to know what they have available.
                          ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• resubcribing

Comment

• dmark101....Call Nukabe about applications if you need applications matched up. They have fitments that match the 2nd gen. I know because I got a set of 2nd gen rear(yes...rear) plates mistakenly. I wouldnt go this route for the 1st gen(at least Stacey's). I would go to the ground control plates. They have more and better range of adjustment.

Oh yes, I finally decided to document the 2nd gen to 1st gen swap. Copy and paste the Teins. http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133312

Signing off for a bit as Im in Florida and will be without internet access for a while.

Gavin

Comment

• anyone else notice tein posted the rest of the prices on their site?
                                i didnt see any where else in the thread that it had been posted about that yet. i don't know if those are set or anything but since its on their site i'll assume its "official"

now we all know how much w gotta scrounge up for when they're finally released
                                Last edited by bocajwest05; January 18, 2006, 10:11 PM.
                                97 GT http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...g?t=1272097685

03 SVT Focus

Comment

Working...
                                X