This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Lenny]Mate,
    Had a chat to the sparky who is happy to have a look at it next week to see what's wrong with the current one. If I end up needing a new one I reckon he'll do it at a fair price, especially if it's a quick job. Sorry for dickin you around.
    QUOTE]

You wouldn't believe it - took the car in and the guy hooked it up to his test gear, took it for a run and couldn't find a fault - it just worked as it should. Even stranger it has worked ever since! Now I don't know what to do - sell it before it breaks again!!
    Lenny
    (used to have a) 1995 Rio Red, Talon Spoiler

Comment

probably just a loose connection, either way dont worry, im happy you got it going for nothing!
      Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
      Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
      Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

For Sale

Perth
        Ford Probe
        202,000k's
        $6,000 <- price drop
        Auto
        Purple
        Pioneer Deck, Splits, 6x9's
        Just serviced
        New brakes
        New 17inch Rims+Low profile tyres
        Neons
        Lowered
        Intake Kit from US

PM me or email starpulsechic@hotmail.com

Required: cam seals, and timing belt.

8 weeks left, or this is being tradded in. But i thought i'd give anyone a chance if they wanted it.

Comment

awww poor probe
          what new car u gonna get mel?
          The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
          The First Electric Supercharged Probe
          Project and car is sadly dead

Comment

just a question

how much can you get for trading in your probe????

im thinking of selling mine too

Comment

Originally posted by rez
              just a question

how much can you get for trading in your probe????

im thinking of selling mine too

personally i only think i will get 4-5grand on trade in on the car.

but regardless if it doesnt sell, i will be trading it in regardless of whether i only got 4-5k trade in.

i have found the car i want, and at a reputable yard (my parents dealt with them, and he only sells the good stuff, and he has a good reputation in perth.). I am looking at a Nissan Skyline r33 GTS-T 1996,manual, it has 47,000km's on the clock, lowered suspension, full bodykit, rims.. for $19,000.00. I know its alot more expensive than importing, but i dont like the idea of importing a car you dont know the condition of, or what it looks like, atleast i can get a RAC check done. There is no drift rubber, underneath the wheel arches (though there were a few other skylines there that did). Also it will be getting a new spray done, and i am going to rip the stock turbo one and put a aftermarket HKS one. I am also recieveing driver training in the next 3-4weeks, in a friends turbo'd car so i know how to handle it, seeing i never have driven turbo cars before. The car will be gone in 6weeks. No more probe! Money being provided by lovely new paying job

Comment

oooohh supp meL long time
                skylining it now aye?? heheh siiickkkkk

wanna see it soon !

Daniel
                My [HalF CasT Mazda ZE]

Comment

sad your getting rid of the probe

I actually choosed the probe over the skyline (i could afford it but i liked the probe better)

Well Goodluck with the new car i guess

Comment

Originally posted by NiN^_^NiN
                    sad your getting rid of the probe

I actually choosed the probe over the skyline (i could afford it but i liked the probe better)

Well Goodluck with the new car i guess

are you serious? i mean there must be only one reason i reckon.. insurance..
                    because i would choose skyline over probe ne day.. cmon.. rb25det dood.. i like the looks of probe better stock.. more sleek lookin while skyline is beast lookin..

i mean i love my probe.. love it to bits.. but because of insurance i went to the probe.. otherwise i would go turbo ne day.. ;P

hope the car goes all well mel.

Dan

but yes probe is quite unique which makes them good! and skylines are EVERYWHERE!
                    My [HalF CasT Mazda ZE]

Comment

probes are special, skylines are not, thats why i went the probe way, to be different.
                      skylines may be rwd, turbo and easy to do up but its not special if you and 20,000 other people have one. personally i like the challange i hope for many years to come those of us rare people choose special cars to stand out from the rest of the sheep
                      Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                      Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

yep

skyline GTs-T
                        &
                        probe KLze-T /SC (keke)

ill take the probe nedayyyy

DanVu

but would be soo coool if probes were rwd... they would suit being rwd car neday!.. oh well
                        My [HalF CasT Mazda ZE]

Comment

its a shame the engine of probes werent a better design...
                          even if i put a klze in the car i will eventually again be faced with the same problems as i am now..

they are a rare car of beauty and it will be sad to part with it, but that fact is no here knows the car well enough to be able to fix the never ending problems with it..

atleast there are heaps of mechanics that service skylines and know how to work on them..

and u honnestly think i could possible let my skyline be another one on the road... think again...

i am unique if everything i do, which is why i got the probe because it is different. yes skylines are everywhere, but it only takes a bit of imagination to make it stand out from the rest both performance/apperance wise.

though i wont ever stop posting here..coz i will always love the probes, all the happy memories.

Comment

i disagree, there are plenty of people that can help you, ive faced many issues with my car and fixed 99% of them on my own from help provided by this very forum, you just need to know the right people and be willing to try to fix things yourself. im not trying to talk you out of selling your car (probably looks like i am). as for a unique skyline i think of them like commodores (except faster) putting a bodykit and altezzas on a car dosent make it unique, just different to the other 50 in the car park
                            Last edited by stoker100; July 20, 2005, 05:39 AM.

Comment

i got the probe cause it's my dream car

But also cause it has a sexy shape and all the other cars around don't look good to me

The skyline has speed but the design of it looks bland even when u get a bodykit for it it doesn't change the look much it still looks bland so thats why i got the probe its not common (and lets face it skylines are all to common now i see at least 10 every day to work and they aren't always the same skyline everyday either) the probe also has a very unique look i think in australia and it's just a sexy car that always turns heads cause it's so rare

But goodluck with the skyline sad to see you leave the probe

Comment

ohwell, atleast now like Cory said (loki) i wont have to take the whole engine out to replace a timing belt...doesnt mean i dont like the car, i just dont have the time or knowledge to be spending hours on end research to fix something that should be quiet easy to do, but monumental cause of the engine structure you cant get to the part you need to fix without pulling the whole engine apart. I do not have the resources nor the area/setup at home to experiment on my car. Apart from Cory, I know ver few other people who have knowledge of what is involved with fixing my car. And I did consider a engine swap, but at the end of the day I will be faced with the same problem sooner or later again.

Adelaide may be different, but let me me explain how much mechanics hate probes in perth I took it to 3 different mechanics, and they refused to do work for me. And that one i last used, told me it was a p.o.s because once once one things goes on them everything slowly follows, and unless you got money to burn, you will be in debt constanly trying to upkeep the engine due to its poor design. Plus sourcing parts can often be difficult due to the lack of availability, which also restricts price variances.

As much as that pissed me off to hear, he is right. Probes werent very well design for the engines, especially in the sense of keeping them maintanced because to replace a part that cost only $10 ends up $810 because of labour to get to where the part is. Though out of every car in the world the probe has the best body/outter shell, i have ever seen, plus the interior too.

But at the end of the days if you have the time/knowledge to look after a car such as a probe well tahts great. But majority of the people i have met that know any great deal of knowledge, wont help me fix my car, even when i have asked them to what price.

Anyways peace out to all the probe community, i wont forever disapear but i guess im now seen as a traitor, because i am no longer wanting to keep my probe..
                                Last edited by Mel_issa; July 21, 2005, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X